on 8 March 2017
Follows the programmes faithfully and is jam packed with information. I was dissappointed that the art work/memo list visuals are not reproduced in the book as sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and this book certainly has them. The book is more expensive than his other works but I can see why and this makes an excellent reference book.
3 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2016
Excellent all-round cook book. Friendly feel and many, many recipes that you WILL ACTUALLY COOK, unlike most celebrity chef books.

Jamie introduces a vegetable with a spread explaining how he grows tham in his garden, with lots of wholesome photos of him getting his hands muddy. Then follows a section on using that vegetable in the kitchen. Some recipes revolving around it, others focusing on a different main ingredient.

The pie recipe is a favourite.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2013
On looking at the recipes there are quite a few basic dishes like salads that have been dressed up a lot with various ingredients (so are overlong to prepare)which I am not sure are really necessary - a salad is, after all, a salad. I would also have liked to have seen the illustrations that were used in the TV series as these looked very easy to follow. There are also a few recipes that are from 'Jamie's Dinners'. There are also recipes for wild game but most of us do not have access to this, even when living in the country as I do.

On the positive side, the book is good when it comes to using the seasonal vegetables you have growing in your garden and his enthusiasm for using these is clear to see. The cookbook is definitely best for using during the summer months and I look forward to using some of the vegetable-based recipes. So, overall a three star rating which I hope is fair..
on 28 July 2017
Much more comprehensive than I expected, with lots of information about growing vegetables, as well as recipes
2 people found this helpful
on 1 October 2016
Even though jamie is my favourite chef i was a little sceptical ordering this book especially after i ordered the other jamie books but after looking at other reviews i thought id see what it was like and to be honest i havent been dissapointed.I dont think there is a cooking book that i have that has 100% of the recipes that i like but this comes close.
on 21 March 2017
I love this book and series ..
I love all Jamies recipes ..
This book arrived in super condition and fast delivery ..
Thank you!!
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2018
Bought a used condition but the pages inside were aged and discoloured. I would've expected the quality to be better for half the price of a new one. All pages legible though so not bad overall.
on 28 February 2016
You can't beat Jamie Olivers passion for the culinary art of foods. We are having tonight, a dish out of this book, "sweet cherry tomato and sausage bake, it smells fab, looks fab, just got to taste it when its finished cooking". We have nearly all his books and we do use them. It will be a good buy for anyone at any stage of cooking talent.
on 11 December 2014
I was extremely pleased with the items I bought. I was extremely pleased with the items I bought. I was extremely pleased with the items I bought.
I was extremely pleased with the items I bought.
on 3 January 2017
An essential cook book for those who are interested in 'grow your own' and cooking nutritious and tasty meals. I time and time again return to Jamie Oliver's recipies. You can get many of them online, but it's great to have a good looking book to refer to.