Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Aug 2008 07:00:09 BDT
It states they are planning to produce 100,000 copies (collectors edition) is this worldwide or just from amazon.co.uk? This may sound like a silly question but I just want to check. Also, will there be a print number (say 357/100,000) I doubt there will but, again, I just want to check.

I'm suprised that all the preorders haven't been done yet to be honest. I know the quanity you can preorder has decreased but not as quickly as I first thought they would.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2008 12:48:59 BDT
Cazzle__x says:
This is worldwide.
No idea about the print numbers. Just have to wait and see.
I guess not everyone can afford to splash out on £50/$100 due to credit crunch.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Aug 2008 18:11:24 BDT
G says:
off-topic, but the "credit crunch" is just a made up buzzword. People over-borrowed, and now lots of people are in trouble because of it. Simple, don't borrow what you can't afford.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2008 10:43:27 BDT
J.Y says:
Tell that the the stockbrokers and others in the financial world only thinking about their big fat bonuses

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008 19:42:32 BDT
Now now now, give credit where it's due.

Stockbrokers played virtually no part in the 'credit crunch' or the oil price or the house price fall - the 3 big short term issues.

The guys who should do the time are:

The mortgage salespeople who let standards slip because they were greedy
The mortgage lenders who authorised this in blind euphoria
The bankers who created the over complicated debt products that sprinkled this crappy debt around the world.
And to an extent, the negligent european and other banks who bought those products without realising what they were.
The revelation that subprime mortgages were overvalued caused the capital losses that major banks have been reporting, and shot up the interbank rates that the banks lend to each other, and in turn, to us.
It was this that killed the banks and consumers. This is the credit crunch.

P.S If I hear another 'comedian' use the joke 'Credit Crunch, I thought that was a type of breakfast cereal, I'm going to shoot them :P'

With regard to the 100,000 issue. Nobody has ever seen a figure above 100,000 reported anywhere, and this would have definately cropped up at SOME point had the global book print been over 100,000. Amazon may be a big company, but it wouldn't mislead this badly. Therefore yeah I reckon you can be safe in the belief that 100,000 is the limit

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008 23:39:44 BDT
Lupin says:
Love the breakfast cereal credit crunch, never heard that one before :) haha
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  11 Aug 2008
Latest post:  16 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions