on 14 February 2014
As someone working 12-14 hours a day sometimes, i love the idea of this workout. The way it groups excercise and goes through different muscle groups including isometric and dynamic resistance is quite clever. Also liked the diet plan (if you don't mind adapting it, its just about affordable too) and the option to use the bands for cardio (I could in 1 room but sadly not where i was working out most of the time). Space wise, if you can lie on the floor and stretch your arms out above your head, then to either side, there is room for the workouts, though you may have to move about a bit.

I used it for a month, twice a day most days, some days once, some days 3 times. I managed to lose about a stone and 3 inches off my waist.

My complaints:

1) only 5 workouts can get a little repetitive after 30 days.
2) no upper body focus as standard, most guys wanna focus on this area and a lot of girls want to tone their triceps, while it does include there areas in total body, other areas get a full focus 10 minutes.
3) The workouts are about 10 minutes not including warm up and cool down, give yourself 15 minutes per workout and you'll be more realistic.

Positives:

1) It really works.
2) Not numbered reps, you do your best.
3) Adaptations on most exercises to make it easier/harder.
4) Easy to follow, I don't wanna have to think about my routine and its nice to see its wel thought out.
5) Adaptable and simple eating plan.
6) Tony Horton is a good balance between motivation, enthusiastic, cheesy and self-depreciating.
7) You'll get vsible results in 5-10 days if you start as unfit and complete 2-3 workouts a day while strictly following the plan.

hope this helps.
on 8 January 2012
I ordered the dvd's from a television promotion. I expected much more in the box than was there and also better quality. The 10 minute workouts are good and you definitely feel like you have had a good workout even if you do only one - do three and you really are exhausted. I do feel it is a little missold as you get a calendar which tells you which workouts to do daily, it always recommends doing three if you have the time for faster results when, for most people the attraction of the dvds are to work out in 10 minutes. I also feel that it is over-priced and a more reasonable price would be under £30 and I will not buy any more unless the prices come down dramatically. However, the workouts are good and I am sure will deliver the desired results if I put in the effort!
22 Comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2011
Does exactly wot it says in 10minutes can already see results after 2weeks of doing it best buy in a long time
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2013
Bought this for weight loss and to get fit. Thought a 10 minute exercise would be easy enough to do for someone who is unfit and hasn't done any exercise in a long time. Boy was I wrong. For most of the 5 workouts there are 10 moves in 10 minutes. The Abs exercise is 20 moves in 10 minutes. You also have about 2 minutes for warm ups and 2 minutes for cool downs. The first time I tried the exercises I could barely make it through the 10 minutes, sweating, out of breath and my muscles screaming coming to the end of each move. Was only able to do one 10 minute workout for the first 2 weeks, then 2 workouts and finally I am on 3 workouts a day (it is recommended to do 3, 10 minute workouts for optimum results). I didn't follow the meal plan that came with the workouts but had a look at their suggestions and created my own to suit my need, budget and timing of my meals. I have just finished week 8 of 10 minute trainer and have lost inches of my body. I was a UK size 18 when I started on day 1 and now I am a size 14 on day 56. I am hoping with another 4 weeks to get down to a size 12. As Tony Horton says "Just do your best and forget the rest".
on 24 June 2011
got me out of breath but then again im not fit if you want a quick workout then this is for you
on 19 September 2013
These are very approachable workouts that scale to your needs. Tony is likeable and his instructions are clear.

Price: expensive for what's in the box as others have commented, but if If you don't exercise at all at the moment and need a route back in to fitness, strength and flexibility, this could be worth it for you. Also worth it if you already have other sports and exercise, but need a regular option for exercising indoors at home (or office!) and don't want a ton of equipment. For me, I've probably already done about 20 exercise sessions that I wouldn't have bothered with without this and it kept me fairly fit during an illness, so I'm just about happy with the price.

The door thing: I think it's a bit pointless. You don't need the door thing, you can loop the bands around something solid, but in any case, it is only used for a minority of the workouts and even then it is not really needed and slightly annoying. The bands themselves are needed though and the workouts make good use of them. The one that came with it wasn't the right resistance for me, so I got a set of flexcords from Amazon.

The beachbody advertising spam: this did my head in, all over the DVD, before and after every workout. Argh! Solved it though: was a bit of a project but ripped the lot to mp3s and trimmed the adverts off and now just have the five 10-minute workouts and two different warm-ups and two cool-downs. As a bonus, means I can make a select a little playlist with the combination of workouts I want that day, also means I have them on the move with my laptop (good for avoiding hotel gyms). Don't need brilliant picture quality after you've been through them a couple of times, more or less just need the sound playing in the background to remind you of what you are doing.

So how about it Beachbody? How about a version of this for digital purchase and download for those of us capable of buying flex bands separately? Extra workouts available as digital only for sensible price? I'd buy them.
on 18 September 2014
Good entry level fitness programme but not sure that it will get you the looks on the front of the packaging.
on 7 January 2017
I received this yesterday, I went to start to do a workout today, and it wont play, so i am unable to do workout...don't waste your money, i am not one for writing bad reviews, but the disc claims not to be suitable for my dvd player and my pc wont play it to, so if your out of the UK it may work find!
on 19 July 2011
I find that you need the room to be the size of a gym, to be able to do them all, also our doors are fitted differently and the refore I can't use the cardio belt, Tony does hardly ever participate in the routines and I find the instructions quite poor.
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2011
looks to be a good product but you need to get a routine going for it to work for you , still trying to sort out my routine