on 27 March 2017
Great ideas and so much variety! bought as a gift and the recipient loved it!
on 16 November 2011
With a name like 10,000 cupcakes I feared a telephone directory size tome might arrive. I was amused instead to discover a little book the size of a large paperback novel with a spiral spine and its pages all chopped into 3 sections; sprinkle, buttercream, cupcake base.

My maths isn't good enough to tell you if 10,000 is an accurate number of combinations (and presumably some would be combinations you'd rather avoid) and personally I think this is more of a novelty than a serious cookery book. Mind you, how many serious cupcake cookery books are there... It's an ideal Christmas gift for a teenager keen to do some baking but otherwise not something I'd find space for on my crowded shelves.

The writer, Susanna Tee is a well established baking writer so you can have faith they'll be good recipes, the format however is a bit distracting.
on 19 September 2013
My sister bought me this as a small gift. I was amused to get a book with 23 cake recipes, 23 icing / frosting recipes, 23 decoration ideas. This makes are 12167 cupcakes if you take it at face value. However, in the book, all sugar sprinkles are counted as one decoration, all types of nut are another, flavourings could be altered. Some decorations, however, are not terribly practical for everyday use, and I prefer not to use fresh cream frostings, which need refrigeration. I now bake, most weeks, a cupcake from this book (it really is a book, just one with split pages). I have even downloaded a random number generator to help me make a choice each week. Most combinations I have tried have been a great success, friends and family are offended if I don't take cupcakes to an event and it has inspired me to be really creative. The only thing I could criticise is the effect on my waistline...
on 15 December 2012
Being able to mix and match the cake flavours, icing and decorations makes coming up with different cupcakes lots of fun for my nieces and I. Brought another one now as a present as will be great gift.
on 4 July 2013
I enjoyed baking cupcakes from this brilliant book because you could mix and match the toppings with different flavored tops.
Plus such easy recipes to follow and my family loved them all so far still making from book at moment.
on 28 August 2013
It doesn't look like it does in the pic. I bought this under the impression it was an actual book it's more like a fun way of picking and choosing cake, topping and decs
on 2 January 2015
Brilliant book! Would recommend if you like making cup cakes! A+
on 13 November 2015
Bought as a gift for my daughter-in-law, who said it is great.
on 4 December 2016
Great book for any cup cake fan! x
on 9 June 2012
Very good book so versatile! I have already made some cupcakes from the recipes enclosed & had some great comments at how nice they are!