What are your happiest childhood food memories?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Sep 2009 12:51:20 BDT
Sara Ordish says:
Leafing through my brand new copy of Battenberg Britain reminded me all over again how much I loved all those retro packaged foods when I was a child. ReadyBrek, Fishfingers, French Fancies, Fray Bentos tinned pies - I adored them all. And as for life without Angel Delight and Marmite? Unimaginable! I'm wondering which foods hold the happiest memories for everyone else who grew up in the 70s?

Posted on 24 Sep 2009 16:20:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Sep 2009 16:25:30 BDT
42nige says:
Where do we start? Neapolitan Ice Cream and Corona pop as a treat with supper on Friday night. I didn't like coffee at first until I tried it with Evaporated Milk. Our cat breaking into the nearby Church hall and licking out the fishpaste from bridge rolls prepared for an event there. Not to mention those struggles with the Ye Olde Oak tinned ham tin, which often than not resulted in the sustaining of minor injuries. Oh, and the miracle of producing a Vesta "curry" or "chow mein" from a few unpromising dry ingredients. I miss those crispy noodles. A book to bring back happy memories.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  7 Sep 2009
Latest post:  24 Sep 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battenberg Britain: A nostalgic tribute to the foods we loved
Battenberg Britain: A nostalgic tribute to the foods we loved by Nigel Cassidy (Hardcover - 24 Sep 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (16)