xbox 360 will be faded out in 2009

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jun 2008 22:12:03 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 20 Jun 2008 14:20:25 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2008 23:39:29 BDT
braedy says:
from what I have come to gather, through an interview of one of Microsoft's xbox leading directors on gamespot(?)(something like that...) anyway the spokesperson revealed that the next xbox; currently being dubbed as the "xbox 720" will be released around 2011-2012, perhaps even later; thus Microsoft don't have any plans to back down with the xbox 360 anytime soon.
with the price of the xbox 360 substantially lower than the ps3 and offering performance that is virtually similar to the ps3, I think it will still be a popular option in the next few years.
Microsoft, I expect are developing an answer to these problems the xbox 360 is having with later editions of the console. If you cast your mind back to the ps2 San Andreas fault, where older ps2 consoles stopped working some time after san andreas was released because it couldn't handle it, this didn't make the ps2 defunct. it did make an amount of people move to the xbox, but when they already have bought the games and are familiar with them, people just rebought with a new ps2, and everything's been fine ever since really.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2008 12:20:14 BDT
dude... I've counted 12 posts from you talking bad stuff about 360... did you ever heard the expression "get a life" ?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2008 14:19:38 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 20 Jun 2008 14:20:17 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Aug 2008 19:56:53 BDT
why don't you just buy a PS3?? Like you said the Xbox 720 is nearly like the ps3

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Nov 2008 22:52:14 GMT
typ2 says:
"virtually similar" - hmm, does that make sense? Is English your first language?
So Microsoft are going to faze out a console two to three years before they release a new one? And during those years just not bother with consoles and let all their potential customers buy Sony or Nintendo alternatives? With business sense like that Microsoft will surely last only a couple of years and never make any money or, oh wait never mind.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2008 12:59:36 GMT
Steve says:
nah, Microsoft will release the next console way ahead of schedule to get a grip on the next "next gen" market and after 2 weeks owners will be reporting Blue, Orange, Purple Rings of death/doom, sony will then release there next gen console with a HOLOGRAPHIC BLU RAY PLAYER thats backwards compatable with PS3 titles, then slowly strip it down until the UK version has nothing much left.. then Nintendo will release their next gen console with last gen graphics, they will call it the Nintendo Poo just to embarrass early adopters who have to ask spotty sales assistant for a "poo", consumers will then realise both the Wii and Poo are actually Gamecubes with fancy controllers and we will all be back to square 1 :)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2009 23:10:36 GMT
:O ... wow

Posted on 14 Feb 2009 00:55:27 GMT
D. Reece says:
i want a "poo".

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Mar 2009 23:37:45 GMT
Arrrrrrrrrrr, did he bad mouth the 360 u poor thing. Have a lolly : ) . have u heard of the expression grow up ????????

Posted on 10 Mar 2009 20:22:48 GMT
Monsieur says:
I think that Microsoft will make a massive comeback in 2010, so even if Xbox does fade out in '09, which so far it hasn't, they will have a better version of the PS3, 360 and Wii all put together, making the ultimate gaming console, with Online mode, wireless controller, camera hidden in, blu ray disk etc. Then there will be a few faults, Microsoft deletes them, making the greaster console ever. It will probs be half a grand with a 15gb hard drive though..

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2009 17:12:15 GMT
C. Schell says:
what you meant to say was: have you ever heard the expression..... dumb ass

Posted on 23 Mar 2009 18:03:22 GMT
Jedi OB1 says:
Ok that's it i just lost it. Having owned consoloes since as far back as the commedore 64 I like to think of myself as an experienced gamer. I currently own all consoles (the main power of 3 wii, ps3, 360) I have played all 3 games consoles at length and so I am pretty familiar with their limits etc. It's really quite simple to choose which one is for you but I am fed up with idiots like Omar being a little PS3 fan boy and bad mouthing everything that does not carry the sont logo.

If your into playing games with a group a friends after a pissed night out and just wanna have a giggle then get the nintendo wii. It is not advisable to get this console if your a serious gamer. This console is also great for the younger generation and people that just want a giggle.

If your a serious gamer and love your first person shooters and multiplayer gaming online go for the 360. It has a superb and vast library of games and various different genres. The mutliplayer experience is superb ....you have to pay for it for it but this way you are guarenteed a decent service and its interactive menus are perfect for inexperienced gamers and hardcore gamers alike. I like to think the console is also great for all ages and superb value for money. Where the red rings of death are concerned....I have several friends that have unfortunately had this happen to them. Microsoft have replaced all consoles in all cases and the longest turn around was 28 days. The new falcon chips on later 360s have all but rid the 360 of the red rings of death anyway so I think its time PS3 owners put this behind them as 360 owners have done this already.

The PS3 is also a great console, me personally found the graphics very similar to the ps3 but I am not going to bore you all with shaders processors and cores because bottom line, side by side on the same screen you will not notice the difference. But there are leaps and bounds that the 360 cannot keep up with. Blu ray play back is the biggest plus point on this machine. Making it pretty much future proof as a player if nothing else. Built in Wi Fi and again its interactive menus (similar to PSP) are easy to use but not as simple as the 360. I like to think of this machine as ideal for gadget heads as opposed to serious gamers. The things this console can do are amazing but its more of an enterainment system than a games console. The pS3 however was somewhat overpriced and in my opinion still is.

So there you have it:

PS3 = GADET HEAD
360 = OLD SCHOOL GAMING FUN
WII = A GIGGLE WITH FRIENDS AND INOVATIVE GAMEPLAY METHODS.

All three are good in their own right. I can rise above the whole fan boy things because I can value each console for what they are worth. So Omar grow up and realise the fact that as long as microsoft and Nintendo are around there will always be serious contenders for the console crown. Nintendo outsold 360 4 - 1 in Summer 2008 and 360 outsold PS3 2 -1 so stop being a dumb ass and get a social life. A PS3 can't take your virginity after all. As for 360 fading out in 2009? Be lucky mate.....deal with it.....360 is a serious contender like it or lump it

Posted on 24 Apr 2009 17:00:11 BDT
M. J. Axtell says:
Agree with M. Morbey for the most part. All but the serious gamers thing, things have improved with PS3 of late with KZ2 and MGS4, clan battles, tournaments etc, but 360 has an undeniably HUGE online community and COD4 rocks on 360. PC trumps all for online, though. That's where I get's mine. It's no coincidence that gaming tournaments focus on Counter-Strike: Source as the big one. I bet people are still playing Halo 2 on XBL. Anybody? People still play bloody Starcraft and CS1.6, and they run on geriatric PCs! There should be no reason to fully faze out a console if there is still money to be made from it. PS2 being an excellent example. Even if they do faze out the 360, there is a huge emerging market with South America, West Asia, Middle East, etc. Huge software librarys, too.

It's nothing to get worked up about, really. You don't have to buy it, and if people don't buy it, then that sucks for M$/Sony/Nintendo who have underestimated their markets. It will force them to think twice about bringing out

Rejoice that we live in a time where gaming is getting very exciting, and the more competition there is, the better it will be for us.

Posted on 23 Jun 2009 00:16:50 BDT
PC = WIN BEATS ALL THE CONSOLES
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  19 Jun 2008
Latest post:  23 Jun 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Console (20 GB Hard Drive) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (496)