Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Oct 2012 12:49:31 BDT
are there instructions for formatting the hard drive before you install the new version of windows 7 do they come in the package and witch version should i get as i dont want a upgrade

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 20:18:10 GMT
J Cameron says:
Does this come with a product key

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2014 09:09:57 BDT
deiseboy says:
The product key was attached to the delivery note. It passed as genuine.

Posted on 12 May 2014 22:18:16 BDT
J. Carlin says:
It is possible to successfully install an operating system, providing you have the Product Key which is unique to the particular installation cd you are using. I have installed every version of Windows since Windows 95, including the 2000 and 2003 Servers, and I know that the critical issue is Activation and Verification - not the installation itself. You can use a single retail installation cd to install the Windows operating system on thousands of different machines, but alas, it is not as simple as that. The catch is that you must Activate your copy online within 30 days, or if not, you will then be unable to access your Desktop. It would be helpful, therefore, if some of the contributors here were to tell us if they managed to Activate and have their copy Verified by Microsoft.

Posted on 14 May 2014 12:38:36 BDT
DavidX says:
I've installed two of these now. The first was lost because of a motherboard failure which wrecked the computer. That first disk wouldn't install on the new PC (I expected that) so I had to buy another. The second disk installed and authenticated perfectly well. The disk has all the correct holograms, and I'm confident it's genuine.
As I remarked in another discussion, it doesn't come boxed (which you might have expected from the picture of it) but it does come with the product key attached.
It's described as a 'full version', which is clearly not the same as a retail version, and I assume 'full' merely means it has all necessary components.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2014 20:28:51 BDT
J. Carlin says:
I have already made a comment about the importance of activation (it must be done within a month) because if it is not activated by the stipulated time, the user is locked out. This is the case with all versions of Windows despite the buyer having the correct product key and the ability to receive updates. Nobody has yet mentioned whether activation went smoothly - or not.
Since I have now received the installation CD I can tell you that it must be used for a fresh install only. This product key cannot be used to legitimize a pirated version, or to upgrade an existing Windows 7 trial version. That means, all installed software, including post SP1 updates, will have to be re-installed. All documents and personal files on an existing installation will therefore need to be backed up elsewhere before the installation.
I cannot comment further because I cannot install it without destroying my existing installation. It will not activate.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2014 20:32:57 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 21 May 2014 20:34:13 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2014 21:57:36 BDT
J. Carlin says:
I'm glad to confirm that my windows 7 installation has since been activated by Microsoft without any problems whatsoever. That means that this is indeed a very good bargain.

Posted on 3 Jun 2014 22:06:01 BDT
DavidX says:
Glad to hear it went OK, J. Carlin. To clarify my previous post: when I wrote 'authenticated', I meant to say 'activated'. No problems with my installation, and, as you say, it was a good bargain.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  2 Oct 2012
Latest post:  3 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium inkl SP1 32 Bit UK - Refurbished Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User - Win7 home Premium 32 Bit [DVD-ROM] Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium inkl SP1 32 Bit UK - Refurbished Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User - Win7 home Premium 32 Bit [DVD-ROM] Windows 7 by Microsoft Software (Windows)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (314)