Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

will this game run on my p.c.?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Nov 2009 20:06:49 GMT
blurb for game says minimum processor is pentium.Im on a laptop & thinking of buying this game.Laptop has an intel core 2 duo processor (T6400) & is rated at 2 gig clock speed.Will this game run on my machine??Not worried by online gaming performance,as im on a mobile internet connection with a crap signal & transfer rate,so dont intend to try to play online.

Posted on 12 Nov 2009 21:32:13 GMT
Depends on your graphics card. It'll probably run - but not very well.

Posted on 13 Nov 2009 10:40:25 GMT
a_burn says:
frame rates will be quite low.

Posted on 14 Nov 2009 00:20:38 GMT
Thanks for that.Well checked my system spec & in terms of required ram & available hard disk space my system has well in excess of what the game requires.However my graphics card isnt ati radion or nvidia only an intel. A mobile intel GMA 4500MHD with upto 1340 mb total available graphics memory with my machines 4gb system memory (shared memory type) to be precise.Is this sufficient to run this game??Ive run other games with quite sophisticated graphics on my laptop & apart from windows compatibility issues (games designed for & supported on windows 98 but run on vista) theyve worked & looked fine.So has anyone got any further thoughts on my original question??Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2009 19:30:19 GMT
Bazza says:
The on board GPU you have will struggle at best and will probably not run the game.

I have an 8400M GT on my laptop with a slower processor than yours (1.83 core2duo) and only 3gb ram and the game plays fine on lower settings. So the only thing thats holding you back is going to be the graphics processor, you could try but I wouldn't be optimistic.

Posted on 15 Nov 2009 17:31:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2009 18:00:15 GMT
I have XP with AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4 MHz) single core. 3GB RAM & Nvidia 6600GT Now 5 years old. Is this spec adequate?
Gordon

Posted on 29 Nov 2009 08:26:57 GMT
SLM says:
Hi Gordon
You should be able to run the game on low settings but not any higher.
Scott

Posted on 2 Dec 2009 14:14:52 GMT
guys the easiest way to find out if you can play this game is to go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and test your machine out on their game tester!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2009 19:07:30 GMT
Bit late, but you need a connection to play single player mode (STEAM) so not only to verify account, you will need to download new patches etc before you can play, loose connection with (STEAM) will stop play!

Posted on 3 Nov 2010 14:30:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Nov 2010 14:32:42 GMT
P. Maurice says:
Anyone wanting self pc spec analysing need look no further. Just allow short install and press run now. Collates your pc performance for selected games.

Source:
http://www.yougamers.com/games/?mainnavi=true

Posted on 16 Nov 2010 16:26:15 GMT
Would this game run on Boot Camp windows, running on a Mac OS X. I have the intel core 2 duo processor (which could probably cope) and a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card (which should run it fine).
Anyone with any Boot Camp gaming knowledge??

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 21:04:06 GMT
Derry says:
What matters is : are you running 64 bit or 32 bit versions of Windows. Too many comments from people who just want to brag about their own systems and ridicule other peoples systems. ALL GAME SELLERS omit the one crucial fact. You cannot run a 32 bit game on a 64 bit system. Activision admit that fact now but it is not prominantly displayed. Amazon could set a new standard by including that infromation too. Simply stating that a game will run on Vista (for example) is not good enough. They should define if it is 32 bit or 64 bit compatible. The discussion forum would then not contain so much nonesense and people would also begin to appreciate Amazon as a fair and honest game supplier.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  12 Nov 2009
Latest post:  11 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD) by Activision (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.0 out of 5 stars (509)