Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Apr 2012 18:37:20 BDT
Nigeliza says:
Does ITV player work?

Posted on 4 Apr 2012 22:43:20 BDT
M. A. Coburn says:
Yes, though you may have to google the apk to download and install on your device

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 06:20:48 BDT
dont work on mine

Posted on 12 May 2012 10:10:04 BDT
Dee M says:
I have downloaded the itv player app from asian fone forum list. At first I couldnt find where it had been saved then downloaded es file explorer and have now located the itv player app.

How do I open and install it on the tablet? It's not too clear.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2012 20:48:38 BDT
Joe says:
You'll need to go to "Settings" then "Security" and make sure "Unknown Sources" is ticked then click "OK" if a warning pops up. Assuming the file is on the tablet already, go to it in file explorer and tap on it. You should get the same message come up that you get when installing from Google Play. I don't personally have this tablet but the instructions should be the same as with anything running Android 4.0 so I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2012 14:40:45 BDT
Dee M says:
Thanks but it's still not working. The app is saved in the download file of es explorer showing as a book with string around it. I click on it then it offers up a list of media players on the tablet.

I was going to upgrade to the 16gb version but will hold off until I can master this.

Posted on 14 May 2012 16:26:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 May 2012 16:31:15 BDT
Lee G says:
I think you might need to move it to the /system/app folder first, as this tends to be where all the google play apps are located. Also, it might be worth making sure the file ends with a .apk

Edit - Or try moving it to /data/app.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2012 21:29:26 BDT
Joe says:
I'm not sure the folder matters where the file is because it will get moved automatically during installation (I installed straight from /sdcard/download) but if it doesn't end in .apk it might not be the right file. If its the wrong one, just download it again from http://www.apktops.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1406 which is the same place I got it from and it works fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 00:04:22 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2012 00:05:28 BDT
Dee M says:
I went back to the itv player file and deleted zip or was it sfp basically the last 3 letters and replaced/renamed them with apk and like magic the file changed to the itv player icon. I tested it and after signing up it's now working. Tried it with some of the other apps too which are now loaded. Good thing as I was getting a bit fed up after BBC iplayer froze on me several times this eve.

Thanks for your input guys...

Posted on 15 May 2012 09:00:05 BDT
jfp says:
If you are using a PC to download .apk files, then what I do is email them to my gmail account and this then prompts to install the file when you open the email on the tablet.

Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 09:14:34 BDT
Dee M says:
Thanks. I downloaded them direct to the tablet but will remember your advice for next time.

I think I spoke too soon with the itv player app, it doesn't stream very well and is unwatchable at least I can occasionally watch bbc iplayer before it freezes. I have the latest flash installed not sure what the issue is but it's really annoying.

Posted on 15 May 2012 18:19:21 BDT
Lee G says:
I know someone else was having similar issues with 4oD, whereas I could watch it ok with just a bit of stuttering at the beginning during the adverts. You could try making sure all apps are closed first, or as a test, shutdown and restart the tab, then try to play from ITV before doing anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 22:06:02 BDT
Dee M says:
I'll give that a go. Can I ask where you downloaded 4OD?

Posted on 16 May 2012 08:38:42 BDT
Lee G says:
There is no app for this as far as I am aware, you have to watch it through the webpage. It does hammer the tablet though.

Posted on 17 May 2012 22:30:16 BDT
Chezlard says:
ITV player is fine if you follow the links to the right download apk - from asianforums or apkstore.com

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 16:50:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jun 2012 16:51:51 BDT
I use ITV player with no sync issues and it responds fairly well.
Download Adobe air from the play store then locate itvplayer.apk on the web and install.

Tip: Install google drive on your PC and tablet. (5 GB of free storage)
Download itvplayer.apk to your PC
if the file ext is not apk, rename before copying to drive folder.
Your tablet drive folder will sync, click and install.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions