why is rage so unique?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Oct 2011 12:24:00 BDT
Im confused. After watching afew videos for rage i am finding it hard to get excited about it. The games producers go on saying its really ground breaking because its a fps with an inventory ("that always has a purpose"!?) and you get lots of different ammo as you progress. I'm sorry but this is not ground breaking or unique or even different from loads of fps. Am i missing something or is this going to be another Brink where the only people who enjoy it are the games producers themselves (and perhaps there parents).

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2011 22:34:19 BDT
You're right there is nothing ground breaking or unique about Rage, marketing speel as usual. As some have already pointed out Rage looks like a combination of Borderlands & Fallout 3 only with excellent graphics. It's important not to get too sucked in by all the pre-release hype. Paradoxcially I'm looking forward to Rage as it looks like it will be a solid fps experience with great graphics and intense action but without any real serious innovation involved. I feel I know what I will getting and that works.

You raise a really valid point in that a lot of games are being sold under false pretences, and then expectations far exceeds what one actually receives. If anyone really expects serious innovation from Rage, I suspect they will be sorely disappointed.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 17:49:54 BDT
L. Houlihan says:
Half the games released these days are described as "groundbreaking" - it's all total BS. I can't remember the last time I played a game that really wow'ed me. They keep building these games up to be something they're not which makes it all the more disappointing when they don't deliver the holy grail of gaming through your post box every month.

My advice would be to track down screen shots and gampley videos of games that interest you and if you're still interested afterwards then take the plunge. Can't alway get it right though unfortunately.

All that said I am looking forward to this game. I do enjoy the post apocalyptic theme :-)

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 23:58:33 BDT
You definitely have a point about not being wow'd by recent releases. The only exception for me has been Gears of War 3. Again, agree, it's so important to buy based on one's own impressions of the game and not be fooled by marketing hype or professional game reviews with their own personal biases. Apparently COD Modern Warfare 2 grossed 1 Billion dollars profit and Fifa 10 850,000,000...perhaps games these days are more than a little over priced? Particularly with so many supposed top releases being put out half finished with loads of bugs in them?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  3 Oct 2011
Latest post:  6 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rage: Anarchy Edition (Xbox 360)
Rage: Anarchy Edition (Xbox 360) by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (66)