Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Final Fantasy VII Platinum forum

who want a remake of ffvii

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2007 06:43:17 GMT
R. Charters says:
hey i really want a remake of vii i emailed squaresoft, sony u name it iv tried so has ne1 any helpful suggestions

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2007 19:54:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2008 11:52:52 BDT
J. Clarke says:
Yeah, i got a suggestion, Calm the F**k down.
This is the kinda thing you need to wait out.
It's like the game, you dont complete it and then start a new game instantly afterwards, you let it gather dust for a year or two, then you can get all those classic memories back later.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2008 17:06:49 GMT
H. Hall says:
I do think they should redo Final Fantasy VII but only if they get great voice acting like in Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.
Patience is a virtue as they say. Time will tell If they will make a remake of this fantastic game.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2008 00:25:56 GMT
James Archer says:
I'd like it as well. But please, calm down :)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2008 12:13:31 GMT
M. Bull says:
Remake of Final Fantasy 8/9 prefered =P

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Feb 2008 13:56:31 GMT
A Mod says:
there not making a remake, cause it would cost loads and loads of money. The new intro they made was just an aspect. There not making a remake.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2008 18:05:10 BDT
M. Kent says:
I'd love to see a remake too. :) Be patient, I don't doubt they'll come round to the idea in time...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 23:00:04 BDT
M. Bull says:
They would make back any money invested in a remake by the sales of the game alone, the game has a huge fanbase.
I can't believe my other post was voted down just because I prefer final fantasy 8/9 Lol..
Each to their own.

And a remake is just a matter of time for Seven, Square-Enix knows people want.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2008 22:52:54 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 6 Feb 2009 22:48:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2009 22:49:09 GMT
I don't doubt that there will be a remake, all of the Square crew have said that FFVII is their favourite game and the hi-def intro trailer has at least shown some interest in the project, will it be released on PS3 is the only question. The original game was absolutely massive and it would take years of production. However, I have an idea that if a remake was made, a lot of people would be disappointed because it could never live up to the name of the original. Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core (even Advent Children) seemed like lazy cash-ins, and if the original was remade it'd have to be a far more serious project just to avoid tainting the Final Fantasy series even more.

Posted on 7 Feb 2009 02:18:20 GMT
P. Humpage says:
You need to e-mail the IGN.com Xbox team. I know it sounds wierd, but they actually have a lot of influence in the industry and developers listen to them, more so than the sony team. Contact them here > http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/email.html

Posted on 25 Mar 2009 16:15:03 GMT
we need a remake of 7!! iv also been tryin to find out info about it... but cnt find anything anywhere which is a pain. cheers for the link to the xbox team think i may have to get on that. yeah but to re-make the game exactly the same but with updated graphics would be awesome. think they'd have to get the voice-overs from the same people who did advent children for it to really work though

Posted on 3 May 2009 17:34:55 BDT
M. Reid says:
Nomura & Kitase already said they will...
It's a matter of when though :(
At this rate it'll be like the 20th anniversary of ff7...

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 15:46:38 BDT
L. Wilton says:
never

Posted on 18 Jun 2009 02:30:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2009 02:31:02 BDT
Mr. Mb Bator says:
Of course they will remake it since it could make them more money than their newest premium titles. It's just a matter of time, they are going to hold it off until the original team can be available to produce the remake. And then they really need to make it as special as possible. So I'm guessing it will be another 3 - 5 years. Ill be patiently waiting with my money square and so will the rest of the RPG playing world. Hurry up and make it! you already have my money! Ill pre order it before its even made!

Posted on 26 Jun 2009 20:25:36 BDT
as long as they keep the content that was in the original and then add some new stuff...
extra sidequests, maybe a new little island near the KOTR one that has a challenging super-secret-dungeon.....
Ahh I don't know but I just got this on psp again, ahh I remember when I first played it...
So awesome

Posted on 17 Dec 2009 21:18:37 GMT
Daniel Nish says:
I thinkthey should finish releaseing old ones(they have done first 4 even if if first 2 is jsut better sprites). so i think they should redo 5 and 6 THEN do FF7. then again thats just whati think ^_^
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  5 Dec 2007
Latest post:  17 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about