Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Oct 2010 10:18:52 BDT
marleigh says:
post already been no game. never using amazon again for pre orders!!

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 10:20:43 BDT
Laura H says:
same :( - all I can do now is hope for the royal mail van.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 10:22:00 BDT
yeah i used city link and it still aint shown up odd as they are normaly really early

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 10:34:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Oct 2010 10:34:35 BDT
marleigh says:
well if its not here buy 11 im gonna go buy it at blockbuster ill be returning amazons copy when and if it does arrive

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 11:21:33 BDT
A Hunter says:
City Link say they deliver anywhere between 7:30am and 5:30pm, mine's still in transit apparently, and given it only left Kettering at 7:45 I'm not expecting mine til this afternoon.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 11:34:11 BDT
C. Graham says:
Well I pre-ordered the CE and just off the phone with both City Link and Amazon as they decided to change my delivery date from today to Monday, even though i paid for the quick delivery.
I will not be pre-ordering anything from Amazon again.

@ A Hunter - keep an eye on your despatch as i wasn't informed that it had been delayed till Monday, Had i not been checking on it i would have sat in the house all day like a idiot.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 11:49:46 BDT
Citylink delivered mine at 11.05 this morning, no good to me as i am at work. but at least i know its waiting for me tonight. There online tracking works very well too.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 12:05:13 BDT
A Hunter says:
Mine's just turned up.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 13:04:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Oct 2010 13:08:57 BDT
FaultyChip says:
You think that's bad? I used Amazon Prime which is supposed to be their premier delivery service, sadly they screwed up again and it has not turned up. Order page clearly states today as their expected delivery day. Postman (and his van) been.

They never seem to mess up in MY favour...

Amazon is simply not as reliable as Game or shopto.net when it comes to getting it to you on release day and they are clearly missing a trick in this department.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 13:10:28 BDT
Laura H says:
After sending an e-mail questioning Amazon where my item is, they replied by saying that I could be waiting for Fable III up until the 12th November, if I haven't received it by then they have offered a refund - never again ordering from Amazon.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 13:12:24 BDT
FaultyChip says:
Hi Laura, thats as long as you have to wait before they deemed it 'lost'. Hopefully, like mine, it will arrive tomorrow.

Still, unless it's much cheaper, I am going elsewhere next time as well.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 14:00:41 BDT
D. M Sr. says:
We`ve been told that it`s now on back-order & we`ll be informed when it`s back in stock. What a total sham. On a plus point, popped to the local games shop & got the collectors edition no problems for £50. Just rang up & cancelled my order with Amazon. Will never use again for pre-orders.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 14:16:38 BDT
Mr. P. Blunt says:
Woohoo received both of mine today yey, Mine is from citylink in northants and he came about 1pm,, both my controllers came today too,, :-)

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 14:26:11 BDT
A. J. Higham says:
what the hell is wrong with some of you??!
amazon send the copy to citylink in advance for on-the-day-delivery, so hows it Amazons fault? I work for a mobile network who deliver through DHL and the delivery is not always going to be there when you wake up, ignorant morons!
Plus if a citylink driver has a set route from 7am-5:30pm you could be first or last on the list of deliveries. I would take the silver spoon out of your mouth, put your dummy back in, and be patient for a delivery you spoilt brats =]
good day!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 15:32:31 BDT
Trigger says:
The fault may directly lie with City Link, but if Amazon cannot honour their release day guarantees (particularly for customers who use Prime or pay for a quick delivery), then it's down to them to use a courier who can deliver on time.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 17:16:42 BDT
Firsteapps says:
1 amazon normally use city link to deliver prime games (up to 5pm) get it right mate. royal mail takes some games next day but if your item is marked as expected today then simply click the god damm track parcel

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 17:17:32 BDT
Firsteapps says:
erm this is a simple case of next time use Signed for or prime
if you use that you save yourself chasing up parcels your local lazy postman refuses to deliver

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 17:32:05 BDT
C. Graham says:
Please get off your high horse......

Having contacted City Link i was advised that Amazon, although using City Link, put through their own deliveries and arrange to get them to the main City Link depot for delivery. So if there has been a delay, it IS Amazons fault, as they have not give the item to City Link in time.

What makes me laugh is that i ordered the Fable controller as well, it was posted today and is due tomorrow, surely if this can be delivered tomorrow the game can be to????
But no Amazon told City Link to put back the delivery of the game till Monday.

So please don't come on here calling us all brats and ignorant morons.......because the above is WHY it IS Amazons fault.

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 17:45:53 BDT
marleigh says:
agreed. i bought this on amazon so it would come on relese day. i was told mine wouldnt show till monday so i went to blockbuster and rented it for now only to get bk and royalmail arrived just as i open the door -.- so because of mis info ive now got 2 lol. pre orded fallout for my husband last week from game as amazon collector edi was £40 more, my husband recived his on the wed before (2 days early) at 7.30am and they didnt even take the money for the game till friday. was very very happy with them lol we are not bratz we have been waiting a very long time for this game and paid for a servise to recive it on time. im sure u wouldnt wait longer than an hour for your steak and chips. as for me yes i ended up getting it on time but was told otherwise resulting in me paying £7 more to rent it. not the end of the world no but anoying nether the less.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 18:02:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Oct 2010 18:03:38 BDT
Dan says:
In reply to A.J Higham (probably feeding an obvious troll)

"Why do you expect a service you paid for? I have to work too hard! I don't get paid enough! Life is hard for me! Blah blah wah wah etc"

On a serious note, it's not a drivers fault if they can't get their deliveries done on time - unless their incompetent or bone idle - it's the companies fault, and if they want to keep business, they need to do better. That or go bankrupt.

Good day to you!

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 18:05:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Oct 2010 18:10:00 BDT
FaultyChip says:
Mine was sent by Royal Mail using Amazon Prime's next day delivery service. Not City Link! This 'expedited' delivery costs around £6.49 normally. Maybe you should think before you rant 'A.J. Higham'. I paid over and above for a service I did not receive. Still I notice you have left the thread. Probably best when you have nothing to offer whatsoever and never did.

Good-day!

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 22:12:34 BDT
Druid says:
I got mine today using Prime and like the above poster, it was sent Royal Mail. At least I got it day of release. Phew. :3

Posted on 29 Oct 2010 22:18:59 BDT
Aaron Hall says:
Mine arrived at the distribution centre on the 29th of october at 2:00am. So how the hell couldnt they of sent it out for today

Posted on 30 Oct 2010 00:34:54 BDT
marleigh says:
on a plus side game is really good, been able to play co op with husband now as we have 2 copies for a week -.- and co op is very good we even got married and have a home. alot better than what seemed to be an unfinished part of fable 2

Posted on 30 Oct 2010 00:53:53 BDT
FaultyChip says:
Glad you are enjoying it marleigh! The rant of course is over the hit and miss delivery, not the game which I cant wait to play!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  29 Oct 2010
Latest post:  8 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about