Customer Discussions > The Paper Soldier forum

where is it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Oct 2007 16:52:10 BDT
M. J. Tacchi says:
Bloody hell! Ordered it months ago for my son's birthday (the 27th). That Hugh Laurie - what an inconsiderate bastard he must be.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2007 18:54:01 BDT
Hmmm...Having loved The Gun Seller, I ordered The Paper Soldier too. I have been slightly concerned by the lack of artwork and any mention on the Penguin/Michael Jospeh websites, and this article in The Guardian seems to confirm my fears
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2178878,00.html

I hope I'm wrong and it will be here next week, but something doesn't seem right.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2007 14:46:10 BDT
G. Andreakou says:
Why do you go trashing Hugh Laurie about this? As far as I remember his interviews, he has been so busy with HOUSE he hasn't even finished it yet! As a fan of his for years, it seemed strange that only Amazon had a ''certain'' publication day, so I didn't bother pre-ordering it until other bookstores mentioned it. Until now, NO other bookstore has it out, so I don't think it has anything to do with Laurie, maybe start trashing Amazon, the ONLY place were the book is being advertised and, even better for you, claim your money back!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2007 18:44:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Oct 2007 18:53:35 BDT
M. J. Tacchi says:
Looks like you're right - I couldn't find much elsewhere either although other sites offering the title do have the same release date* - probably just repeating the same bogus information. And yes, I am pissed off. Months ago I placed this order and I am not sure who is to blame. I think an email to Penguin is in order. If you get any info, do let me know. But for now, let's stick pins in Hugh Laurie dolls as it seems to upset those with no concept of irony. ;-)

* hughlaurie.co.uk fan site amonst them

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2007 11:18:25 BDT
M. J. Tacchi says:
Just off the phone to Michael Joseph Ltd - part of Penguin. This title in hardback is set to be published..........

24th of September..... 200 and fecking 9!!!!

I think Amazon have been naughty little boys and girls (no-one else has it listed) and they can go feck themselves with a wire brush if they expect any more business from me. So Hugh Laurie might still be an inconsiderate bastard playing limpy doctors rather than getting round to writting this book - but Amazon really are bastards. Bastards!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Paper Soldier forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  1 Oct 2007
Latest post:  10 Oct 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Paper Soldier
The Paper Soldier (Hardcover)