Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Oct 2008 18:28:08 BDT
DraGGon2k says:
has happened? why was it suddenly cancelled :/

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:29:47 BDT
I just got the same email, why has this happened?
An error?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:38:14 BDT
W. Mayne says:
I too have just received it - I've checked Game.co.uk and they still have it for sale at the RRP (44.99), and with only 17 days to go, I don't really want to miss out on getting one, so unless Amazon put it back on at the price it was selling for (34.99), looks like Game are going to get the cash.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:39:21 BDT
Play have it for 35, think i might have to go there!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:40:04 BDT
I also just recieved it. Is amazon not going to sell it anymore?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:45:22 BDT
Mr. Df Goat says:
Me too! I notice the non-PC versions still have collector's editions. I seriously hope this is just some crazy glitch and not Amazon / Bethesda being platform preferential again.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:46:57 BDT
I doubt it would be Bethesda, as they announced it for all Platforms quite a long time ago. This is Amazon's side.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:48:35 BDT
Mr. Df Goat says:
Well Play.com still have it as you said, so they can have my order and hard-earned cash instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 18:58:01 BDT
W. Mayne says:
Goes to Play.com then - as long as they don't cancel it.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 19:03:55 BDT
Whaaaaat? I've had this pre-ordered for MONTHS. The original product never got a proper boxshot, maybe this is an SKU issue and they had to shut ours down and start a new one but didnt transfer the orders across. I've ordered it from play.com now... if Amazon reinstate my order I'll terminate play.com's, but only cos I think it will arrive faster with Amazon.

I've never experienced this from Amazon before, and they've lost points for sure, but I'm willing to order from them if they fix it.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 19:28:07 BDT
Owen LAMBERT says:
Would be nice to hear from Amazon on this - No explanation is a bit rude - especially as the standard version is now more expensive than in August when I pre-ordered this version :(

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 19:45:39 BDT
I will call them during opening hours to see whats the matter.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 20:20:29 BDT
I. Rigby says:
Yes - well done Amazon, you have lost out - have just ordered it from Play.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 20:51:27 BDT
I've also ordered mine from Play. I'm sure Amazon have made a mistake, but to send such an off hand email has lost them my business for this product. Very cold indeed. Shame on you...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 22:15:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Oct 2008 22:17:02 BDT
G. J. Clift says:
What is going on!!! ordered this ages ago and amazon cancel it with no explanation!!! Well ive gone to Play like the above. Amazon are normally so good... i just dont understand.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2008 23:17:03 BDT
just re-ordered mine through Play - not that amazon care too much about another lost sale i'm sure, but a nicer email or some more feedback behind reasons would have been appreciated

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 04:15:36 BDT
I had it preordered for 4 months. What an arrogant way to treat your costumers, Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 09:03:34 BDT
L. Gonggrijp says:
I'm so pissed off it's hard to describe. I pre-ordered this in bloody June and now I get this "screw you, stupid customer" message from Amazon.co.uk.
Well, screw YOU, Amazon ! You've just lost a lot of business.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 09:23:44 BDT
I came to Amazon because Play is always giving me problems even though Amazon was expensier for me (I live in Spain) and now this... Obviously i have gone to Play.com and preordered there.
But I would like to hear some reasons from Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 10:58:24 BDT
Dear Mr Ratcliffe,
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk about your order #202-6145053-7322754 for "Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)." We have checked your account and found that you may have already received an e-mail from us regarding this item.
When we contacted the supplier for an update we found that, unfortunately, the item is no longer available.

So it seems it was Bethesda who cancelled it from being sold on amazon.co.uk :o

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 11:21:25 BDT
The plot thickens. Thanks for posting that, Kyle.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 20:01:23 BDT
W. Mayne says:
As above, hopefully Play won't remove it, though quite why Bethesda would have a problem with Amazon selling it, who knows.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2008 20:15:41 BDT
LazyTech says:
Actually if you read the whole thing it says their supplier flaked out on them, I just got an email saying the same.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2008 13:45:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Oct 2008 15:09:50 BDT
E-Mail from amazon.co.uk customer support:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk.
I take this opportunity to assist you in this regards.

"Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)" has proved to be a very popular item. We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun receiving copies from our supplier. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

We sold out of our initial supply of this game and are not currently taking orders for this product. We expect to receive periodic shipments of the from our suppliers and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions.

Each day we get some "Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)" for sale, but since the demand is so big, the "Buy"-button only appears for short time on our website.

(...)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2008 21:34:07 BDT
Well mine copy disappeared as well, but now its back I've pre-ordered it again because Amazon has the best delivery options over play but if its cancelled just one more time, i'm going to play.com and waterstones.co.uk forever and ever. Be warned amazon, this behaviour will not be tolerated, and by the looks of it, not by anyone!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  14 Oct 2008
Latest post:  23 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fallout 3 UK Collector's Edition (PC)
Fallout 3 UK Collector's Edition (PC) by Bethesda (Windows XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (8)