what happens to books once read!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Mar 2011 08:46:10 GMT
I have just bought a Kindle 3G ( 2 days ago) and am so happy with it, spending all my free time looking at and downloading books, however it has just occured to me, that although the available space is huge, what happens to the books once I have read them? can I delete them? do they then float in cyber space? or do they stay put on my kindle? Lots of questions but an anwser would be appreciated. The same goes for my sample chapters, which are still firmly on my kindle even though I have subsequently bought the book!

Gillie

Posted on 29 Mar 2011 14:36:26 BDT
JuliasCezer says:
Yes you can delete them go to home choose the book use your arrows to highlight right click on arrow then you will be given options arrow down to delete this Book then ok, book will be deleted.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2011 07:55:55 BDT
a2025398 says:
The trouble with that method is that you have to arrow down a long way. I have discovered that on my Kindle 3, when you want to delete a book, you go to Home, highlight the title, then arrow left, and Delete? comes up with the Yes option already highlighted. Hope this helps.

Posted on 13 Apr 2011 13:19:26 BDT
Have just purchased a kindle. I see that there are 'free books' available. Are they really free?
I have clicked on purchase even though it says 'free' but am reluctant to go to checkout as It may be charged. I am only experimenting so far, until I found a book to actually purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2011 15:23:20 BDT
Yes Books really are free if that is what they say!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2011 21:29:51 BDT
Thanks for that

Posted on 14 May 2011 19:55:51 BDT
Julie Cutler says:
If you click on home and then menu you can see how much space is left (top left). At present I've still got oodles despite loading up on cheap collections of early heavyweight authors and interesting freebies. Don't worry yet!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2011 12:07:48 BDT
Avid reader says:
Free means free! I have downloaded hundreds!

Posted on 10 Dec 2011 08:18:16 GMT
D Mulley says:
I have bought a kindle as a present and want to pre load some books before I give it at Christmas. Can register it in my name load the books, then de-register it. Then after christmas re-register in correct name, will books still be there.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2011 15:04:16 GMT
Michael says:
Buy a Gift card from amazon and let the lucky recipient choose their own books. It is very simple to do.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2011 15:10:22 GMT
Michael says:
Create a collection by authors name.Then you can keep all books by that author if you wish to look up any references from a particular book. At the same time hold all books until you delete the book.

Posted on 2 Jan 2012 12:19:23 GMT
A little late to add this I know but if you need to free up space from your Kindle delete the book from the device, it will then lurk in the archived items section ready to be downloaded again for free. If you want to remove a book completely this can be done from the Manage my Kindle section of the Amazon website but remember if you delete them there you will need to purchase them again...

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2012 14:59:39 GMT
Yes the books are free. Have had mine since october and have downloaded lots of books it is saving me a fortune. I have also brought some for a small price.

Posted on 4 Feb 2012 16:09:01 GMT
Jack says:
I have just got a Kindel can't find ware the free books are have downloaded some
To pay for ,but would like to checkout the free ones (need help)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 13:06:19 GMT
Tim Allen says:
Just type 'free kindle downloads' in the Amazon search box. If you search on Google, you can also find other websites that have free Kindle books, like this one for example: http://www.gutenberg.org/

Posted on 3 May 2012 19:51:03 BDT
zoe says:
zoe says:

If I download newspapers, can you complete the crosswords on the Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2012 00:12:30 BDT
Dinah says:
It is free. It just goes through your amazon account to make sure it goes to the right kindle but you are not charged. you will get a receipt from amazon but it shows as 0.00.

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 17:09:02 BDT
R. Milkins says:
Roy says ,I have kindle touch which i have downloaded booksinto.
Is it possible to add another kindle bought for my wife to my existing account

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2013 21:48:25 BDT
CM says:
I have tried removing books off my kindle but they are not permenantly removed they just go into the archive list !!! Can anyone tell me how you delete them permenantly

Posted on 8 Jun 2013 21:01:10 BDT
Shamalah says:
Can i transfer my purchased books to another user (for example if my sister has a Kindle and I want to transfer it to her). How do i do this?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  26 Mar 2011
Latest post:  8 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Collins Classics)
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Collins Classics) by Arthur Conan Doyle (Paperback - 1 April 2010)