Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

what does "DSP OEI" and "LCP" in the product title mean?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2014 15:31:49 GMT
bart says:
what does "DSP OEI" and "LCP" in the product title mean?

Posted on 23 Jan 2014 22:54:24 GMT
DSP simply means Delivery Service Partner, and OEI is basically the same as OEM. LCP is the Licence Compliance Pack which is a booklet telling you about the licence as well as the key itself.

Posted on 19 Mar 2014 16:47:09 GMT
Can i put this into my new toshiba lap top at the moment it has windows 8 on it. Ican''t get away with this. I have 3 desk top computers in the house on 7 and i would like to run all on the same programme

Posted on 26 Mar 2014 11:14:33 GMT
Jennifer says:
Sutherland! I also want to install this windows 7 into my Toshiba laptop with its awful 8.
So please reply to me too, whoever can help.
thanks,
Jennifer

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2014 08:31:24 GMT
Jennifer says:
Cheers Sutherland! I've got all the instructions from Toshiba, plus their contacts if you need more help. I'm doing the same and ditching the awful 8 for the sensible 7. This is how to set it all up. Good Luck!
TOSHIBA WINDOWS 7
The best version of Windows 7 depends on what each individual will be using it for, but the two safest versions are:
* Windows 7 Professional
* Windows 7 Home Premium
If you want more support on choosing, then it would be best to contact Microsoft so that they can go into more detail on which one to buy.
This notebook will support both Windows 8 and Windows 7 64-bit. Please note however that we can only advise on how to make your notebook compatible with Windows 7 - we cannot guide you through installing it. Please also note that there is no official downgrade option, therefore you will need to purchase a retail edition of Windows 7 in order to install it.

The drivers for both supported operating systems are available on our website. To obtain them, please visit our support page and enter the notebook's serial number in the box under where it states 'Find your product support'. Press 'Go' and the driver page will then load. Where it states 'Operating system', change this to 'Windows 7 - 64 bit' and then press search. You will then be shown the list of Windows 7 drivers. Our support page can be found at:

http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/generic/computing-support/

Please do not download and install the BIOS update; you will not need this unless you are experiencing a problem you expect the update to resolve. BIOS updates are delicate processes and there is a risk of rendering your notebook inoperable if the update is applied incorrectly.

Before making any changes to the operating system we would recommend that you create a set of Windows 8 recovery discs, in case you need to install Windows 8 in the future (for example, if you require technical assistance we can only do this if your notebook is running Windows 8). To make recovery discs, follow these steps:
1. Type 'recovery' while on the Windows 8 Start screen.
2. Click 'Recovery Media Creator'.
3. Click 'Yes' to continue.
4. When the recovery creator has launched, you will be advised of how many DVDs you will need (visible in the 'Information' box).
5. Insert a blank DVD, then press 'Create'.
6. Press 'OK' to continue. The disc burning process will now start.
7. Number the discs in the order they are created, and store them in a safe place.

In order to install Windows 7 you will need to make changes in the notebook's BIOS.
To enter the BIOS, make sure the notebook is completely off. Turn it on while holding down the F2 key, and the BIOS setup screen will appear. You can then release the F2 key. Please be aware that once these changes have been made, Windows 8 will NOT boot. You will need to install Windows 7 to use the notebook.

1. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the 'Security' tab.
2. Navigate down to 'Secure Boot', and press F6 to change this from 'Enabled' to 'Disabled'.
3. Navigate to the 'Advanced' tab.
4. Navigate down to 'System Configuration' and press enter.
5. Navigate down to 'Boot Mode' and change this from 'UEFI Boot' to 'CSM Boot' by pressing F6.
6. Press F10, select 'Yes' and press enter.
7. The notebook will restart, and a message will appear stating that there is no bootable device.
8. Insert the Windows 7 DVD, then turn the notebook off using the power button.
9. Turn the notebook on while holding down F12, and the boot menu will appear.
10. Select the disc drive using the arrow keys and press enter. Windows 7 setup will now launch.
Please note that in order for Windows 7 to boot properly you will need to reformat the disk drive from GPT to MBR. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. When prompted for setup type, click `Custom (advanced)'.
2. Wait until the setup screen titled `Where do you want to install Windows?' appears.
3. On this screen, click `Drive options (advanced)' and then delete each partition until only one remains. Click `OK' on any prompts that appear.
4. The remaining partition should be listed as `Unallocated space'. Click on the unallocated space, and then `New' to create a new Windows 7 volume.
5. Click `Next' to continue with the installation.
If you require any assistance with installing Windows 7, setting it up, or installing device drivers, then please contact our Expert Care team. They will help you identify any problems and advise of the premium support options available to resolve them. They can also provide guidance and advice. If you would like to contact them, our Expert Care team can be reached on 0871 495 8944 (UK) or 01248 1248 (Ireland) Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm (select option 1, then 1, then 2). Alternatively, you can reply to this email directly.

If you require any further assistance with your notebook's hardware, then please contact us on 0871 495 8944 (UK) or 01248 1248 (Ireland) Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm or simply reply to this email.

Posted on 9 Apr 2014 14:56:50 BDT
Further to response from L REYNOLDS can you please confirm that you actually get the full licence for the software as part of the deal, you say you get the booklet on the licence but do you actually get the licence and the appropriate licence key to go with the disk with this particular deal. Please confirm,

Thanks
Adam

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2014 18:56:49 BDT
i have now got 7 home premium installed, cost me £100,well worth it.
running on it now

Posted on 22 Apr 2014 09:12:48 BDT
John says:
Technically, from what I have read, isn't this OEM licence _not_ valid to use for installation on a machine unless you are someone planning to re-sell it to another person? Also, under the standard OEM terms then the install can only be used for a clean install and not an upgrade, and will only be usable on the installed machine.
Now, if my understanding above is true, and I know that technically it is not illegal for you to sell this product, is it not reasonable for you to make the above clear to anyone buying this software who may not actually know that?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  21 Jan 2014
Latest post:  22 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about