Customer Discussions > Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) forum

what a joke delivery is.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Sep 2010 11:50:17 BDT
I ordered reach this morning, used expediated delivery and paid extra as this is the 1 day delivery service and my estimated order date did say at the time 14th sept for expediated.....now all of a sudden my order delivery date has changed to the 15th the day after release......now the only reason i choose expediated was i could get it on release day even with a late order......the estimated recieved date for normal delivery was the 15th which is now what mine is showing so can i get my money back off amazon? as expediated seems to now be saying itll be with me the same date as the normal delivery service estimation was.....and they better not bloody send it with hdl either had 3 bad experiences with them and amazon.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 13:06:10 BDT
adg says:
Amazon are great for most things......but I would never pre-order a game with them. From past experience most pre-ordered games arrive after release date, even when paying for 1st class postage. If you have ordered the standard game in a dvd sized case I doubt that they would use HDNL.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 13:18:12 BDT
Michael says:
I ordered my copy on August 15th and it still says my delivery estimate is the 15th of September. I am pissed because my friends who used Play.com have had theirs despatched. Even a friend who ordered it a week or two ago from Amazon have had theirs despatched and still I am awaiting a dispatch. Not impressed with Amazon because of this.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 14:01:37 BDT
I would go so far as to say its false advertising, the only reason i choose the expediated delivery option and paid extra was that the order status was for day of release tommorow......its conviently only after the order was `dispatching soon`(ie cant change anything or cancel) that the order date changed to the 15th which is the same as what it would have been had I chosen the regular delivery option......so what am I paying for amazon? im paying more for my delivery but your going to have it delivered to me at the same time as if i hadnt paid extra? not standing for that if I dont recieve the game tommorow ill will be requesting a refund on the extra delivery charge.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 14:06:22 BDT
S. Gullick says:
I ordered my one 1st class. It says its "Dispatched shortly" and says my delivery estimate is the 16th! This is ludicrous, I was under the impression that pre-ordering meant they would have your items ready and shipped so that you would have it on the release date!

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 14:23:05 BDT
B. Crayston says:
If we all ring in and complain it might change something. That is bull**** though. You can't advertise something like "GET IT ON RELEASE DAY" and then change it afterward to "lol jk 17th September trolol u mad?" afterwards. Especially when you've paid extra to gurantee it'll arrive on release day.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 14:31:43 BDT
it didnt so much say `GET IT ON RELEASE DAY` as you put it but first of all expediated delivery is meant to be a one day service thats why it costs like a tenner more, 2nd the thing that annoys me is i dont mind so much if i dont get it on release day if i havnt paid ne extra....whats one extra day right? the thing that pisses me off is the estimated release date has changed to the same data as it was estimating for normal delivery option when ordering....so basically ive paid to recieve the same service as someone who hasnt paid......great! lol

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 15:01:38 BDT
B. Crayston says:
Oh. When I preordered it said "Release Day Delivery" so I thought "coo'" thinking it would be delivered for release day. You know. Like it said. On the website. God damn it Amazon.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 15:11:27 BDT
S. Gullick says:
We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed.
I pay for first class, The best shipment available at the time. now its 16th sep? I ordered it months ago.
and its yet to be dispatched, I disappear, This is ...... ing me off.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 15:55:06 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 13 Sep 2010 15:55:19 BDT]

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 17:08:12 BDT
This is ridiculous, it saids i might have to wait till the 20th

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 17:14:48 BDT
Suprised you guys are having problems, I pre-ordered a week ago and my copy of Reach arrived this morning.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 17:16:01 BDT
C. Miller says:
How can they be 'dispatching soon' when they haven't got the product in stock?

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 17:16:51 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 13 Sep 2010 17:19:03 BDT]

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 17:18:42 BDT
phproxy says:
I ordered from Tesco on Thursday (27+free post) and received if today. Can't play until i've finished at work though :(

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 21:41:35 BDT
S. J. BIDDLE says:
No problems here; I ordered on the 6th, got it this morning - the estimate can sometimes be out.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Sep 2010 22:35:22 BDT
D G Crompton says:
pre-ordered mine months ago and it was dispatched just before 6pm on the 13th, i've seen screenshots from people who pre-ordered last week having theirs dispatched sunday morning.

not exactly happy, if i'd have known it was going to be like this i'd just have not bothered and gone to game at midnight. the price difference is worth it to have the game on time.

sad really since amazon have always been good at release day delivery without paying extra in the past, they have really dropped the ball today. i'm dissapointed.

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 22:56:08 BDT
Pre-ordered mine on the 7th of September (I think, maybe it was the 6th).
It has been dispatched, around 5pm today with the estimated delivery being tomorrow.

It seems Amazon has no priority for when you actually ordered the game. I can't complain though :)

I have always had on time delivery with Amazon pre-orders. Some games have even come a day early in the past.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Sep 2010 23:29:51 BDT
D G Crompton says:
indeed it would seem they have no regard to when the order was placed.

i'm hoping they've posted them all this morning so they will arrive tomorrow (thus, on release day) then did a mass update on the email system so the emails were all sent out at the same time, mine was sent at 5 to 6pm, my friends was sent at 5:02 pm etc. so all around the 5pm mark so far...

if it does arrive tomorrow i'll be happy, it not... oh well it's only one day.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2010 07:47:08 BDT
LiteraTec says:
I've ordered loads of games well in advance, choosing super saver, and they have always arrived on the release date. Only time will tell regards Reach. Come on postie.

Posted on 14 Sep 2010 09:17:00 BDT
Pre-ordered Reach ages ago with Super Saver Delivery, it says it was dispatched yesterday - anyone in the same boat and recieved it this morning?

Posted on 14 Sep 2010 10:51:59 BDT
S. Williams says:
i pre-ordered mine in april i only got an e-mail this morning saying its shipped! so my one only got sent today! which is release day! wtf!!!! i ordered it in april!

Posted on 14 Sep 2010 10:54:05 BDT
For all you people fed up of delivery schedules.
Why don't you get off your arse and go and get it from the shops if you think the service is that bad. why do people have to play the game a minute after it is released. Grow up. Pay standard delivery and don't waste money on other types.
In my humble opinion.

Posted on 14 Sep 2010 11:25:31 BDT
loopi2k says:
Ordered 26th august, chose 1st class delivery and it's arrived today and have also received an email from amazon with the exclusive helmet code, so 10/10 for amazon I reckon

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2010 11:35:15 BDT
N. Monkcom says:
Some of us don't live within 20 miles of a decent game shop, therefore, it would cost us nigh on 20 extra to get to said game shop to buy another copy. And in my case, it's not the fact it hasn't arrived yet, it's the case that it hasn't even been despatched yet, when people who preordered only a few days ago have already received their copies. It seems like there a are large number of preorders that have been shunted back to accommodate recent purchases. That is very shoddy business practise imo.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  35
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  13 Sep 2010
Latest post:  24 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (340)