I purchased two of these fittings to install in my workshop. They arrived in good time and the protective packaging was well done.
The main body and diffuser are constructed of what appears to be a polycarbonate type material, so very robust to knocks. Each fitting includes fixing brackets and water resistant glands to allow cable entry/exit, plus a couple of clips to attach to the component tray to allow it to hang whilst connections are made. There are 10 clips to secure the diffuser to the main body. Screws and rawlplugs for fixing.
This was relatively easy. Fix two clips to the ceiling and the main body clips in to them allowing for some end-to-end sliding adjustment. If installation within a conduit system or where cable entry from either end is intended, it may be wise to drill out any access holes as necessary before fixing. The connector is located at one end. Once connected, the main tray is clipped into place, as is the diffuser.
- An OK fitting.
- Relatively easy to install.
- Electronic ballast unit (no problms with starters) and almost no flickering when switched on.
Cons: (hence the 4 stars)
- Could be a little less expensive.
- Although the main tray has clips to allow it to hang, the diffuser does not. So when you need to change a tube you have to remove the diffuser completely.
- The diffuser clips are quite fiddly to insert but are ok once fastened. Tip: insert the diffuser clips before fixing the base.
- The end caps which connect to the fluorescent tubes are made of the lightest materials and don't seem to be of good design. Whilst twisting a tube into place one of the black inserts in an end cap connector fell out exposing very thin contacts, easy to reinsert but not a very positive fit.