Don't want them to be finished, what do I read now?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 73 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Dec 2008 07:27:38 GMT
M says:
Hi, I finished the books a few months ago, and just saw the film last night, which I loved. I am now at a lost in what to read, please can someone suggest something as great as this series of novels, I am an older reader yes in my 30's but love books like this, so please can someone give me some advice, books like this make me feel young again, something I need sometimes!!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2008 13:58:14 GMT
Ok this one depends on...how young you want to feel !!
Vampirates. Its for teenagers and its also about a girl that falls in love with a vamppire exept its out at sea, I must admit the book doesnt really get going until the second and it isnt very...STRONG but I still find them fantastic ! Hope you found this useful !!
:)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2008 21:57:27 GMT
I have a list for things to read once youve finished twilight but here are some really good ones i strongly recommend

Stray by Rachel Vincent (part of a series of books with only 2 so far but the 3rd and 4th ones are out soon)
The Morganville Books by Rachel Caine are quite good but it is a little slow to get into.
You should try Stephanie Meyers other book Host (the first chapters sound very sci-fi but once you get into it its good)
Can i also suggest Dark Needs at Nights Edge byKresley Cole and The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter they are rather sexual but they are so well written that you can really like the character.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2008 22:13:29 GMT
I've read the Charline Harris - Sookie Stackhouse Mystery books. They are good, sort of like Twilight, but are a lot shorter. They have been made into a TV series on America's HBO called True Blood. Maybe you could watch and episode of that to see if you like it and then maybe buy the books. I got them off here and there are quite a few, so they could last you quite a bit. Hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2008 13:43:14 GMT
a good series that i found was the Imortals after dark series by Kresley Cole, there are five books to the series at the minute but the new one comes out soon, i would also recomend any books by Lara Adrian especially Kiss Of Midnight and Kiss of Crimson. One last person i have to recomend because she is fab is Trudi Canavan, her books are amazing! i own all six of them and her next one comes out in feb!

And one trilogy to recomend is the Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts, it has vampires, godesses, sorceres...everything..... Hope it helped :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2009 12:44:32 GMT
White Witch says:
Try the Stonewylde Series by Kit Berry. The books aren't about vampires but have the same compulsive quality and passionate reviews by readers.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2009 20:27:21 GMT
stephanie meyers the host is also very good, not quite as adictive as the twilight saga though. also if you go on stephaniemeyer.com you can read the rough draft of midnight sun chpt1 wich is twilight from edwards point of view. It is mesmerising and answers all that you wanted to know, those little blank spots in twilight. We may have to wait a while for it to be published but hopefully it will be in the not to distant future. Meg cabot is quite a young writer but i ignored her as a child and have recently started reading them and i feel 13-15 again, some may be quite silly but they bring back memories

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2009 20:34:18 GMT
Rachel says:
Also an older reader (38) i am happy to say i can suggest some new stuff for you (and the rest of you posters). all of these are item 1 in a series unless marked * when they are a standalone.
vamps:-
Dead Witch walking by Kim Harrison
guilty pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton
Lost Souls by Poppy Brite
Already dead by Charlie Huston
Dead until dark by Charlaine Harris
The Historian by Elizabth Kostovo*
Weres;-
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Stray by Rachel Vincent
biten by kelley Armstrong

other good spooky/fantasy stuff:-
Strom front by Jim Butcher
beg for Mercy by Tori Andrews
the devil you Know by Mike Carey
Working for the devil by Lillith saintcrow
Grimoire by Kim Wilkins

happy reading!
Rachel x

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2009 18:13:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jan 2009 21:24:44 GMT
mwahahaha says:
For something completely different but also beautifully written and quite sexual, try 'Across the nightingale floor' and the rest of that series. Like I said, it's very different, but the story of them falling in love is so beautiful and there's also quite a bit of action in it.

Happy reading! =]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2009 15:53:57 GMT
kellytwink says:
Try The Breathing Dead by A M Esmonde. It packed full of strong female Characters. It has zombies though instead of Vamps.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2009 18:00:58 GMT
If you haven't read them yet, The Vampire Chronicles By Anne Rice, starting with Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat,Queen of the Damned, Tale of the Body Thief,Memnoch the Devil, The Vampire Armand, Vittorio the Vampire, Blood and Gold, Merrick, Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle, to date.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2009 18:27:29 GMT
J. Pickles says:
and panadora

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2009 15:40:00 GMT
Kitty says:
Hi has anyone read Alex Duval's Vampire Beach books? I've been trying to fill the Twilight gap and came across them.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2009 19:33:46 GMT
Definately read elizabeth kostovo "The Historian", its amazing and definately is up there with the twilight series.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2009 09:55:59 GMT
mr dotcom says:
Try 'Graceling' by Kristin Cashore - no vampires, but brilliant fantasy and great characters set in world where some people are born with Graces - that is, they're better at that thing than anyone else. From mundane stuff like cooking or swimming, to weird stuff like talking backwards. In this story, our heroine Katsa has the grace of killing. There's plenty of action, romance, adventure - highly recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Feb 2009 17:00:38 GMT
The kresley cole books are really good. I own three of them but only read two so far.

Posted on 6 Feb 2009 12:00:25 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Jun 2009 20:06:33 BDT]

Posted on 6 Feb 2009 22:39:29 GMT
... And nobody has mentioned the cassie palmer series, I came across them on here as a recommendation, and like some of the others they are a little more sexually charged than the twilight saga but I couldn't put them down! Touch the dark, Embrace the night, Claimed by shadow by Karen Chance (I'm now awaiting Curse the dawn to come out in April!)

Posted on 7 Feb 2009 16:48:20 GMT
H. Gregory says:
The house of night series by P. C. Cast there are five books in the series as far as i know, though the fifth isnt out till march 10th. they are called Marked, Betrayed, chosen, untamed and hunted. They are excellent reads after twilight, though they are just vampires they are amazing and i suggest them stronly to anyone who is in need of new books after twilight.

Posted on 8 Feb 2009 19:13:40 GMT
Helix Queen says:
A good book.

Posted on 22 Feb 2009 19:30:02 GMT
Sally says:
I love Stephenie Meyer's other book 'The Host'
Definitely also recommend Cassandra Clare's 'Mortal Instruments' series which starts with 'City of Bones'. It's non- stop action and drama and brilliant. I love reading Young Adult sci-fi series but I agree with Meyer when she says "love is the best part of any story", so any good story needs that emotional aspect in it as well.
This is why I also recommend Christopher Paolini's 'Inheritance' series which starts with 'Eragon', Rowling's 'Harry Potter' series, Pullman's 'Dark Materials' series which starts with 'Northern Lights' (my favourite books ever), and 'Sabriel', 'Lirael' and 'Abhorsen' by Garth Nix.
I'm also surprised that no-one has mentioned 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' by Libba Bray. It's romance and magic and deception set in a nineteenth century boarding school. The first two books in the series are very good- the third one (The Sweet Far Thing) is a bit of a disappointment, but still worth a look.
Also brilliant (but not sci-fi) is the Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Balckman which will have you laughing and loving and crying your eyes out all at once!

Posted on 27 Feb 2009 20:57:10 GMT
L. Duly says:
morganville vampire series by rachel caine is just as good as twilight
and the vampire academy series is amazing by richelle mead
potion study , magic study , and fire study are also good based on mainly magic tho but definatly worth a read

Posted on 28 Mar 2009 21:44:12 GMT
Anninetta says:
I agree with Sal - Harry Potter, His Dark Materials and Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom (Mister Monday etc) are great. I'm reading Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician trilogy and Age of the Five trilogy. The Historian is excellent too.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2009 13:58:36 BDT
serena says:
i am so glad you wrote this, I thought I was the only 30 year old addicted to this series. I found 'The Hsst' quite good but not half as good as the Twilight series. I have read several books since finishing after all of stephanie meyer's books but nothing has really interested me and gripped me as much as Twilight. I will try out some of the recomendations given below.

Posted on 30 Mar 2009 20:53:05 BDT
MrsCullen_Ox says:
Can I suggest 'The Mortal Instruments' books, starting with City Of Bones.
I was at a loss for any books to read when I finished the twilight series and didn't think I'd find any books I enjoyed as much but these truly (in my opinion) are just as good as twilight. Although they are a little different they stick to a supernatural side, with a little romance that will frustrate the hell out of you (it did me.) x
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  62
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  22 Dec 2008
Latest post:  4 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Audio CD - 16 Dec. 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,745)