Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Aug 2010 19:56:53 BDT
check the "region code" thread on amazon.com for this item....

Walt Disney Studios US and axelmusic.com say that all discs are REGION FREE.

i don't guarentee for this,i just say what others said....and for me it's very trustful...

Posted on 25 Aug 2010 21:39:21 BDT
R. Hes says:
Great news! If it has non-SDH English subtitles on all seasons too, I'll buy it!

Posted on 26 Aug 2010 14:21:22 BDT
Best check the region thread again as it has been updated. Someone from the UK has received their US set and found that season 4 and 5 are indeed region locked despite previous reports.

Posted on 26 Aug 2010 17:11:17 BDT
If anyone else can confirm the region coding of the US version please let me know on this thread or the Amazon.com one. I keep checking both. When will the studios learn to get their facts straight before the release?!!! It would avoid: A) Confusion. B) Tying up their customer enquiries dept with questions they don't know the answer to anyway. C) Subsequent complaints about misinformation and mispurchases. D) Really hacked off fans who might have helped increase their sales if they provided crucial information prior to release.

If anyone from the industry is reading this then in the future please provide us with accurate Region Coding of discs and an accurate list of exactly what is included in the box/bonus features/etc. (As I'm still not sure what the difference is between the UK and US version, except for the shape of the box.)

Posted on 1 Sep 2010 15:46:43 BDT
season 3+4 are still region A locked :(

Posted on 4 Sep 2010 02:09:46 BDT
Ashcroft says:
Received my US set today, and after testing every single disc, seasons 3 and 4 are locked, everything else is region free. But, it's worth it for the box. Hands down the best box set of anything ever. If you like Lost enough to buy a Premium set, don't bother with the UK one, get the US one and either buy a region free player, or buy the UK versions of seasons 3 and 4 and swap them out.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2010 01:06:57 BDT
Gumball says:
Hey Ashcroft, thanks a lot for confirming this dude, I just had one question before I actually buy the US version, did you have any problems with customs charges or any hidden charges when you bought the set?? Also did you buy it from Amazon.com or did you get it from somewhere else? Thanks again dude

Posted on 5 Sep 2010 12:01:55 BDT
Having a Hong Kong/US PS3 means that I'm definitely in the market for the US Blu set - but I may need to sell some of my earlier versions on DVD and Blu-Ray to fund this purchase!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2010 20:14:14 BDT
Just ordered from amazon.com - just buy it and sign in with your uk user name - its happy to ship across, costs 8 quid. For customs its pot luck, wait and see, but after seeing the cack UK version it had to be this one....

Posted on 7 Sep 2010 16:55:43 BDT
Ashcroft says:
I didn't get hit with custom charges, but I know someone else on AVforums did, so yes it's pot luck. Don't use the fastest shipping option though, you will definitely get customs charges if you use that.

They've put up new pictures of the regular and premium UK sets at Play if anyone's interested:

http://images.play.com/banners/content/16219366.jpg

http://images.play.com/banners/content/13593330large.jpg

Looks like they both have the Island map on top of the box.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2010 03:34:24 BDT
Is the artwork on the discs the same as the single box sets?

Just wondering if the whole switching in the UK season 3 and 4 discs would be viable or not.

Posted on 10 Sep 2010 01:37:19 BDT
Ashcroft says:
Yes, the UK region B blu-rays from the individual sets look identical to the US region A ones from the complete set, apart from the region labelling. Season 3 has an extra disc in the UK (the same content, but just spread out differently) but they still look the same, with the same blue colour and faded picture design. Of course there's no space for the 7th UK disc, so I had to make a spindle by cutting a circle of cardboard the same size as the hole in the disc, colouring it black, and super-glueing it onto the season 3 box in the empty space on the 4th page of the case. Works perfectly.

Posted on 30 Dec 2010 10:11:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Dec 2010 10:13:43 GMT
Dr. Justin Biddle says:
"Someone from the UK has received their US set and found that season 4 and 5 are indeed region locked despite previous reports."

It is actually seasons 3 & 4 which are region locked in the US set, not seasons 4 & 5.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2010 10:39:04 GMT
Just 3 & 4 for me but already replaced with UK ones got cheap from watching play, amazon and eBay closely. Wouldhave rather it was 4 and 5 as they have been cheaper second hand!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  25 Aug 2010
Latest post:  30 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about