Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Sep 2010 18:15:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Sep 2010 18:16:23 BDT
Mulder says:
Is it me or does it appear that we in the UK are being looked over yet again!!! The U.S. get this amazing box set, and it appears, we in the U.K. get 3 shoved in a rubbish box ( if recent pics are to go by!!). Why do we constantly get shafted by the distributers!!

Posted on 20 Sep 2010 21:52:07 BDT
Mr. M. Finch says:
From what I can see, the US 10-disc version only has that many discs because it contains the films on blu-ray, DVD and also has digital copies. So if anything, we have it better here in the UK because we won't be paying extra for redundant versions of the films. The only thing that's different is that the US box is in the shape of a wagon.

Personally I'd rather have the UK version.

Posted on 23 Sep 2010 00:25:03 BDT
M. Faccenda says:
And what about Toy Story 3 3D version??? Will that be included in the box set?.... or i take it we buy this box set then 2 months later...... hurrah!!! Toy Story 3D boxset is released, oh more money please!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2010 07:31:19 BDT
Mulder says:
The point is, I would just like to have the choice. To me, it is all just a money making scheme, and correctly so, yet another version will come out shortly. Toy Story 3 has made so much money now. It wouldn't cost them that much to churn out another 10,000 of limited edition stuff for each country and give people the choice, as well as, making each edition available at the same time. But, of course, how silly of me, that would mean they would not get so much money in their pot!!

Posted on 27 Sep 2010 10:25:46 BDT
I just wish the ultimate collection was releasing here, when I saw it, it was a day one buy...but, no announcement of the UK release yet so... we'll have to wait and see

Posted on 14 Oct 2010 17:08:18 BDT
Edward Frost says:
Does anyone know if the Toy Story 3 set in this case will be either the Double play or triple play editions, or just the standard blu ray?

Posted on 30 Oct 2010 07:59:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Oct 2010 08:00:09 BDT
V. Esquivias says:
I agree with M. Finch on this one. The wagon set is rather disappointing, it comes with nothing special aside from the wagon shaped box. There is no additional material, everything included already comes with the standard versions.

The wagon set has ten discs, four of the discs are blu-ray (One for Toy Story, One for Toy Story 2 and two for the standard version of Toy Story 3) and the other six are DVDs which have the movies on DVD format and the digital copies.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2010 18:53:22 BDT
Graham says:
Yep, I agree totally with everything you say, BUT...I think you're missing my point. I would just like to be given the choice in this country. I feel we are constantly overlooked. That is the thing which annoys me.

Posted on 14 Nov 2010 02:23:06 GMT
muviman says:
I live in the states and I've seen the 10 disc trilogy box set. It can be described in one word-CHEAP! The "good people" at Disney got a flimsy plastic box slapped it with stickers and more or less tossed 10 discs inside. It comes with no blu-ray cases whatsoever and nothing else inside that most "Toy Story" fans don't already own. I plan on pre-ordering the UK edition, I just hope it's region free.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010 08:53:01 GMT
Iain Lambert says:
I could have sworn that when I put my pre-order in the blurb stated it was a 10-disc set for the UK, with DVD and digital copies. No biggie on the DVDs, really, and I still have my decade-old Ultimate Toy Box US release with the gorgeous packaging, but I'm a bit miffed to not have the digital copies for my iPod. I suppose I could rip the DVDs for the first two, but that still leaves me down a portable TS3.

It would be nice if the black spine for TS3 matched the blue ones for the first two films, too.

Posted on 3 Dec 2010 01:08:16 GMT
Mr. D Cooper says:
I think you're missing the point here people. The reason why there is a 10 Disc Box set is because there is still no definitive format. I personally buy everything on BluRay but still like to have the Digital Copy for my iPod. When my family watch movies in their bedrooms or even on portable players they use DVDs. The 10 Disc box set is obviously for consumers that require all three formats, there is the demand for this as a lot of high end films are now released with a choice of single, double and triple play releases. I regard myself as such a consumer and again am very disappointed by this release not happening in the UK as I was with the Watchmen Ultimate Edition. The box really means nothing and personally I think they've done rather well with it, after all it's a kids film right? ;-)

Posted on 29 Jun 2011 17:39:33 BDT
Graham says:
Can I say, yet again....anyone seen the blu-ray of The Incredibles...look what we get ?
I rest my case!!!!

Posted on 29 Jun 2011 17:40:49 BDT
Graham says:
Can I say, yet again....anyone seen the blu-ray of The Incredibles...look what we get ?
I rest my case!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  13 Sep 2010
Latest post:  29 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions