Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Nov 2008 22:14:36 GMT
S. England says:
I'm not trying to be a troll or anything - I have many fond moments of The Fast Show from many years ago - but honestly, is it still funny in this day and age? It seems a great offer for £13 for 7 discs of The Fast Show, but is it still funny in this day and age or not? HONEST ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2008 10:04:02 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 10 Feb 2011 16:16:57 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2008 10:04:02 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 10 Feb 2011 16:16:56 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2008 12:25:56 GMT
Of course it's still funny its been 12 years plus not 50! None of the jokes were particularly time related either...your fond memories can't be that strong not to realise that!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2009 03:00:15 GMT
The Dodger says:
G'day
At the risk of upsetting the powers to be, go to youtube and have a looksee...and you'll laugh all right!

Posted on 11 May 2009 14:43:51 BDT
Paul McNamee says:
Devoid of anything like Little Britain's endless vomit and cross dressing gags, The Fast Show's main comic appeal, and indeed why it deserves a place in comedy history, is its fantastic cast. Higson and Whitehouse were absolute masters of sketch comedy, and the show made stars of Day, Williams, Thomson (perhaps the best of the support), and unfortunately, Weir. Still, the material benefits from development, much like Bo Selecta shook things up a little as it went on. It was crap though. Still, the wealth of material here and the surprisingly high quality extras make it a must have. I too was reluctant to watch as I thought it would be an endless tirade of catchphrases, but the writing, pace and tone are undeniably timeless.

Posted on 12 May 2009 07:49:32 BDT
I wondered exactly the same and watched a video of the Christmas special at the weekend and it still is very funny, the quality of the comic acting really carries it, a classic.

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 21:49:24 GMT
Amazooloo says:
Funny is funny. If you liked the series then you will surely still find this funny. The classics always stand up to "testing" and even though it's years older it is WAY better than Little Britain.

Posted on 3 Jun 2013 20:12:08 BDT
Watching it in 2013 and the answer is a resounding - YES!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  28 Nov 2008
Latest post:  3 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD] by The Fast Show (DVD - 2007)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (133)