Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Dante's Inferno (PS3) forum

Is this game a rip-off of God Of War?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Feb 2010 16:15:52 GMT
L. Smith says:
I've played the demo of Dante's Inferno but personally i feel its too similar to God Of War. Is it worth waiting for God Of War instead of pre-ordering this?

Posted on 2 Feb 2010 11:19:33 GMT
Its like God of War but has a really good story and interesting settings. I enjoyed the Dantes Inferno demo more than any of the God of War games. Just my opinion though

Posted on 3 Feb 2010 21:49:06 GMT
Tachikoma says:
To your first question, essentially yes it is a GoW rip, but a good one. IGN just reviewed it and gave it 7/10, which is disappointing. But the demo was good... Rental?

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 09:56:04 GMT
I agree with Tachikoma - yes, it is a God of War rip-off but a very good one. The only problem is that it might be so good as to have dull my enthusiasm for GOW3 which I was really looking forward too. I always intended to get both but I don't see how GOW3 can improve on this much - apart from the lazy camera.

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 14:46:01 GMT
Mr. D. Oso says:
why don't you rent the game if you are not sure?

it's not a GOW ripp off, it just uses GOW's gameplay. Aside from that, everything else its Dante's originality.

I love the cinematic, animation moves and Dante.

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 18:59:32 GMT
Avatouir says:
I would get this. Don"t forget yoi cam always trade it in at blockbusters when gow comes oute thougj i really like it

Posted on 8 Feb 2010 20:42:17 GMT
Ok it does look allot like G,O,W, but to be fair Dante's Inferno is set in hell using the 7 deadly sins as a basis, G,O,W use's Greek mythology as its basis.

Yes Dante's Inferno does use similar game play with the sword taking place of chains and the mass of enemies, but it also incorporates certain Indiana Jones and silent hill elements, look close you will see them as well if you haven't already.

In all Dante's Inferno is by no means original but it dose create something very playable and addictive at allot of points through the game, this game could keep allot of people occupied until MAYBE a much better G,O,W is released.

Posted on 10 Feb 2010 00:20:52 GMT
Olei says:
Yeah one of the DI videos says that they got the guy who directed God Of War or God Of War Gameplay one of them can't remember which, to be the director of the Gameplay.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  1 Feb 2010
Latest post:  10 Feb 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dante's Inferno (PS3)
Dante's Inferno (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars (51)