Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

I think there is an error in my LOTR boxset FOTR discs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Nov 2011 18:17:52 GMT
neko83 says:
I put it into my dvd and the title screen says 'Extended Version'. I watched the dvd and at the point where the Elf guy says, "So be it, you will be called The Fellowship of the Ring" it then says, 'Please put in disc 2'. I put in disc 2 and the movie starts again from the beginning, but this disc has the whole movie.

Is this normal for the FOTR dvd?? Is this them trying to make you go out and buy the exteneded versions?? Coz tbh it worked

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jan 2013 16:41:07 GMT
H. Bolton says:
It sounds like you have a manufacturing mistake on your second disc and you have been given the disc for the theatrical version and not the second half of the extended version. The theatrical release of the film is on one disc on its own whereas the extended version should be on two discs, the second disc resuming the film for you. Send the whole thing back explaining the problem and ask for a replacement. Hope this helps. :D

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Mar 2016 07:12:50 GMT
Vladimir says:
Hi I know I am very late to the party, but I have the same problem. Disc 1 contains extended edition number 1 and dics 2 contains theatrical release. This means no DVD with bonuses included in FOTR.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  2 Nov 2011
Latest post:  9 Mar 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
(VHS Tape)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,575)