Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Communicating Strategy forum

I think we need more "down to earth" business books like this!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jan 2008 21:34:44 GMT
Ken Douglas says:
I think we need more "down to earth" business books like this!

I know the author - I worked with him at Renaissance (the strategy consulting firm set up by Norton and Kaplan, the creators of the Balanced Scorecard) and liked his approach then.

I'm delighted to see him in print.

All too often carefully crafted, well formulated and validated business strategies fail to have the desired impact on business performance for no other reason than a failure to adequately communicate its intent and implications throughout an organisation.

This is not a new observation and many have written about "communicating strategy". Often I've found such efforts to be needlessly complex - as if addressing such an apparently basic and "obvious" gap in strategy deployment deserves extra layers of verbose theory and "padding" to fill a book.

Phil hasn't taken that approach - his book is readable, packed with sound advice and underpinned by years of sound experience. As such it is an eminently accessible and useful guide to anyone charged with making an organisation's strategy work!

So, "well done" I say to Phil

Let's have more accessible, real, business guides.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  28 Jan 2008
Latest post:  28 Jan 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Communicating Strategy
Communicating Strategy by Phil Jones (Paperback - 19 Feb. 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (5)