Customer Discussions > Madeleine forum

Do you think Madeline parents killed her by accident?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 111 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2011 12:54:53 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 20 May 2011 18:42:26 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2011 15:56:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 May 2011 15:57:10 BDT
Damaskcat says:
You do realise that your post won't last long because it is libellous? You cannot go around saying things like that without proof.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2011 16:52:00 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 13:20:38 BDT]

Posted on 20 May 2011 18:05:58 BDT
Deeky24 says:
It isn't libel to "believe" something. It's an opinion.

And no, you're not the only one who thinks that. There are other forums full of people who think similar.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2011 20:22:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 May 2011 20:24:58 BDT
Brooksey says:
yes you are right people have a right to give their opinion but i agree with Damaskcat you cannot go around saying things like that.as i have posted before at the end of the day there is a child missing which must be found regardless of what people think. Put yourself in their position what a nightmare it must be not knowing what has happened to Maddy.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2011 21:11:19 BDT
Deeky24 says:
But the point the op is making is that they don't believe she is there to be found. That's their opinion and they are entitled to it whether you find it distasteful or not.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2011 21:24:42 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 13:20:18 BDT]

Posted on 21 May 2011 08:48:00 BDT
C. Mac says:
I'm trying to put myself in their position Brooksey, but the problem with that is - I'm actually a caring parent!!!
I have been abroad twice with my oldest son (now 5) and now have a 1 year old as well, going abroad next month. Me and my partner have NEVER neglected our kids, and especially not abroad. We aren't selfish... They deserve to have their other kids taken off them, had it been your run of the mill council estate parent, or low working class individual then best believe they would have been slated, and treated horribly, but because they're upper middle class, both doctors, they're given preferential treatment. I pray that little girl is found, but I also pray she's found, and given to a proper loving family who care enough for her to carry out the standard parental responsibilities

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2011 10:01:58 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 13:20:03 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2011 13:35:48 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 13:59:11 BDT]

Posted on 21 May 2011 14:30:25 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 21 May 2011 14:36:05 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2011 18:33:46 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 13:18:19 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2011 19:53:00 BDT
C. Mac says:
This is a hugely debated topic, and forever will be. I know from my own experiences, and how I feel about my 2 young sons, that there's no way on earth I'd ever leave them alone for selfish reasons as 'dining' out. When my family and I were abroad, we simply went back with the buggy at 9:30, which was very late for a 2 and a half year old, but we just sat on the balcony and spent the remainder of the evening there. Granted it wasn't ideal for my partner (22) and myself (25) but when you have kids, that's what you do...

People will argue and claim they're paying the ultimate price for "One" mistake, but the problem was, that it wasn't just one mistake in the sense that they turned their head in a crowded market, and had their eye of them for a few seconds. This was just down right selfishness, and straight up neglect. And the fact they've never publicly taken full blame for their behaviour, and pointed fingers and blame at Portuguese authorities, and UK government for not doing enough makes me sick. I disagree with your statement, because they've never been treated horribly (by the media, or UK public) if anything, they've had the biggest ever support, and backing by the above more than any other child in the last 25 years

As you say though, this is debatable, and as a parent yourself, as am I, we'll either be passionate about the mistakes, and more concentrated on those, or we'll be realising that they have to live with the pain, that no parent would want to have to endure

Posted on 21 May 2011 21:31:52 BDT
lovebooks says:
We all make lapses of judgement as parents - usually with no major consequences. It's not something I would ever do but recrimination and finger-pointing help no-one. Would like my children to see me support those facing such events and not condemn them. That is what makes the world a safer place.

Posted on 21 May 2011 22:24:34 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 21 May 2011 23:54:14 BDT
C. Mac says:
I have only read about a fifth of the book - online, but I already hate the book, probably due to my previous feelings on the matter, and the way the book is written. Bottom line is, if they leave their THREE kids alone, while they 'bugger' off to drink and dine with people a long distance from their apartment, then they shouldn't be allowed to be parents. A lot of people are defending them due to the horrible incident that occurred, but had it been any other parent (IE: A parent from 2010 who left her 3 kids alone to go out and drink - who was charged, and had kids taken off her) then it would be way different.. Because their both doctors, and upper class from the mass majority, they seem to get a pass.... I'm sorry for little Madeline, and pray she gets found, and just hope that the worst hasn't happened, but as far as this book goes, they can ram it where the sun doesn't shine. There are a lot of kids out there missing, some of whom went missing due to moments of parent(s) keeping their eye of them for a simple 10-20 seconds, and yet they don't get 1% of the coverage the McCann's have got, despite them being far more negligent, and purposely at that... If they find this little girl, she should go to a family who'll cherise, and love her fully, and not abandon her for a few bottles of wine with strangers

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 00:55:00 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 13:17:04 BDT]

Posted on 22 May 2011 08:14:07 BDT
Deeky24 says:
You can all keep going on about the kidnap and the evil so and so that took her - but there are definitely people that firmly believe maddie died at the hands of her parents in a tragic accident. So she is not going to be found alive and the kidnapper doesn't exist. It matters not what you think of the book in this case. This is what the op was about but you have hounded them out of their free speech and opinion by making claims that no one can back up.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 08:57:06 BDT
C. Mac says:
Maybe they didn't physically kill her, but either way they did kill her when they failed her through leaving her alone for so long in a foreign country, when guards should be up more. It's not rocket science. Even half the tubes on Jeremy Kyle would do a better job

But it's everyone elses fault she was snatched and never found.. From the manager of the accommodation, to Portuguese police, even to the local authorities who have taken down posters of Madeline, but not them

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 13:53:15 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 14:15:58 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 18:01:34 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 May 2011 18:06:52 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 18:06:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 May 2011 18:17:56 BDT
This is a very valid point IF Madeleine was indeed taken by an abductor, it's the opinion of Kate and Gerry McCann,not the opinion of the Portugese police so until abduction is proven people are entitled to their opinions,you obviously choose to believe the story given by the McCanns and therefore their innocence and the existence of an evil kidnapper, others choose to believe there may be a different story yet to be told.

Posted on 22 May 2011 19:56:22 BDT
Oooooooooooh you have all put me off reading this book now, which I have ordered from the library. I was dreading having the same feelings as most of you, about the Mc Canns. I always wonder what happened to the other kid lost abroad, Ben Needham? many years ago, they reckon he was stolen by gipsies. I think the only hope is that when she grows up, (if she is alive) another telling of this story may jog an early memory that she has of what happened. I reckon shes got new name, new parents and probably was told her parents did not want her or had gone away or something like that. Easy to fool such a young child.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 20:02:25 BDT
Damaskcat says:
The book is worth reading - Mrs D smith - whether or not you agree with their interpretation of what happened.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2011 21:43:03 BDT
Morphybum says:
Thank God I didn't have a parent like you!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Madeleine forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  111
Initial post:  20 May 2011
Latest post:  7 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Madeleine
Madeleine by Kate McCann (Hardcover - 28 April 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (496)