Did they cared to put english subtitles this time?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Nov 2009 09:56:07 GMT
G. VOURDANOS says:
Well, did they?
- Or it's just the old barren versions cobbled up together.

- I do have all 6 series + usa dvd on preorder but i would gladly rebuy the whole boxset if it only had them english subtitles.

Posted on 18 Sep 2010 10:43:14 BDT
One of the reviews says there is no subtitle track.
I'm furious!

Posted on 14 Jul 2011 06:34:01 BDT
S. Grandini says:
No subtitles......unbelievable! Especially when it is advertised 'as seen on TV'.......there would have been subtitles I am sure.....very disappointed and annoyed having bought it expecting subtitles and wasted 17.99.

Posted on 18 Sep 2011 17:37:07 BDT
S. Graham says:
No subtitles = NO SALE

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 21:27:10 BDT
It is a recurring shame on Amazon, no subtitles of many wonderful TV series or films. It is the same with the American amazon. Perhaps I will try the French amazon, and probably they will have the TV series with french subtitles. I read four languages, so, for me, french subtitles will not be hard. But Mr Graham is right, NO SUBTITLES= NO SALE!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2013 14:41:05 BDT
Eileen M says:
I must say I agree. I was so looking forward to buying the complete box set of Wire in the Blood. But no subtitles! no sale! sorry. I'm very disappointed. Eileen Morris

Posted on 4 Nov 2013 19:14:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Nov 2013 19:14:50 GMT
After I spent my frustration trying to understand the muffled voice of Robson Green and the accents of the DIs, ("guv", "mate",etc...) words that I did not know because I learned american english (sorry, not everyone learns british english!), I discovered a site where I found subtitles in english (and in another languages) for all the episodes and for Prayer of the Bone. Then I painstakingly downloaded the lines of the dialogues and copied them in documents of Words. After arranging the lines, I printed the dialogs of each episode with the name in the top and put the DVDs on the player again. I watched the film and read the dialogs when I did not understand the actors. Finally I could appreciate my DVDS. So I reccomend this strategy to help the persons that are hard of hearing or are not natives of UK or have difficulties with the accents. It was a demanding job but now I have all the subtitles of the series on paper!

Posted on 14 Jan 2014 14:59:55 GMT
J.E.ANNE says:
I would have bought this series if it had English subtitles. I saw practically most of the episodes on TV and, yes, they were subtitled on TV. So, as S Graham said, no subtitles = no sale. As Amazon must have many disappointed customers when DVD's are not subtitled (and also lose money) I am surprised that they do not indicate to their suppliers that being deaf or H of H is a disability that can be surmounted on TV, DVD's etc. without too much difficulty - we are, after all, living in a technological age.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2014 14:44:31 BDT
jude says:
why are you blaming Amazon? Amazon sell the dvd's not produce them. Revelation films are the ones responsible for subtitling the DVDs they produce like this one. Try reading the description of the DVD as to who the DVD production company is And contact them:

http://www.revfilms.co.uk/

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2014 16:00:55 BDT
J.E.ANNE says:
Because Amazon, as a big buying company, would have a lot more influence than individuals do on persuading distributors/producers et al to use subtitles.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2014 18:39:52 BDT
jude says:
Amazon had to be petitioned to include subtitles in their video streaming service on their main site and lovefilm service. They previously refused subtitling for years! Why would they persuade DVD producers? It took long enough to get them to state if subtitles were available on a dvd.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2014 11:12:05 BDT
J.E.ANNE says:
I think subtitles are still not available on their video streaming/film services. When Amazon increased the price of 'Prime' but said it would now include films etc. I asked if subtitles would now be available and their answer was "no" so I shall not be renewing my subscription when the time comes.

Amazon still do not always state when subtitles are available on a DVD!!! There are always complaints about this so it is pretty obvious that no one at Amazon even reads customer discussions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  27 Nov 2009
Latest post:  3 Oct 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wire in the Blood: Completely Wired [DVD]
Wire in the Blood: Completely Wired [DVD] by Robson Green (DVD - 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (153)