are these any good for just pc listening to music
asked by Liam on 2 April 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
They're amazing for listening to music. You may have to fiddle with your soundcards equaliser, or the equaliser on the just program you're using first to get them to how you like. You can turn them up really loud and the music does not distort at all, which is really nice. The bass can also be adjusted with the control unit, as well as adjusting pre-set listening modes. Hope this helps.
Stuart answered on 2 April 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Phew! That is such a difficult question, and it depends what you expect from the loudspeakers. My view is that they sound better than any other computer loudspeakers I've ever heard. Distortion is low, even at high sound levels and you can listen to them for hours without tiring or getting a headache. Detail is good too for loudspeakers at their price. The ability to change the response for different types of music is also a useful facility and they can sound very impressive and exciting, even with classical music. However, don't expect them to replace much higher priced quality hifi loudspeakers. Despite the facility to tailor the frequency response of the speakers the response is not flat, nor very smooth. In listening to classical music the tonal quality of instruments is not as natural as my PMC loudspeakers, but nevertheless quite believable. Piano tone is quite a lot harder on the Corsairs and 'electronic' sounding for example, but you know you are listening to a piano and the sound is detailed. I use them to edit self made live natural recordings on my PC but use the PMCs to check that the frequency response is as I want it. But hey, for the price the Corsairs are very impressive and I don't regret buying them at all! By the way, the PMCs cost over 3000! Enough said!
rabinowitsch answered on 2 April 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In short, they are astonishingly good just plugged into a PC, and they are even better with a GOOD sound card.
Great speakers need to be used with good quality audio and components. If you're just playing youtube videos in your bedroom or from tv, buy a 50 set, they will sound very similar
Joseph Davidson answered on 3 April 2014
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes highly recommend them take some tweaking to get the bass right but its not difficult. Great quality sound and product.
Mike answered on 3 April 2014

A
Exceptionally good!
Mr. T. D. Makonde-tafari answered on 3 April 2014

A
Yeah, the sound quality is amazing, good low middle and high. Can't fault them.
Parsa Malleson answered on 3 April 2014

A
Music is crystal clear, these are class speakers whether for gaming or music. I must admit music is all I've used them for lately.
Ganfoss answered on 3 April 2014

A
Yes! I use them mainly for music purposes. I'm quite fussy about the quality of sound from speakers and these are spot on, the bass is plenty and the speakers are loud enough, and for the price you're paying these are fantastic, I've had these speakers for about 7 months now and not had any problems with crackling when turning up the music or anything. It was recommended to me to that when you first get them play them lots but not loud (as in no more than 3/4 full vol), once you've used them for about two weeks then start cranking it up... (Basically breaking them in if you like..) I'm not sure how true this is or even if it works, but this is what I have done and they work brilliant. Awesome for any occasion.
glen answered on 7 April 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›