Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Mar 2012 11:53:03 GMT
M. Rangari says:
Hi.

I just recieved my tablet today and I am impressed with it so far. However, I realised that when I used the tablet onscreen keyboard, it pressed many buttons by itself when I just pressed one.

By looking through the forums I found that this is a problem that occurs when you leave the tablet on charge. And yes, when I took the tablet off charge it was fine.

My question is, is this a problem with my tablet and should I have it replaced? and if this is a generic problem, is there a fix around this?

(I read somewhere that it is the charger's fault, will buying another charger fix this issue?)

Thank you,
Shobair.

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 12:56:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Mar 2012 12:56:54 GMT
M. Beddow says:
Yes, it's endemic to the supplied charger rather than being a fault of the device, and no, there's no workaround that involves using that charger.

There are numerous posts here reporting that usb chargers for other devices (or generic chargers for multiple devices which include a mini-usb adapter) charge the tablet as well as the supplied charger, but without causing spurious input. The snag is that you can't have something else (such as a 3G modem dongle) plugged in at the same time. Charging via the supplied usb lead from a PC or laptop isn't a solution, because the charge rate can't keep up with the depletion rate except under very light use.

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 13:22:21 GMT
M. Rangari says:
Thank you very much, I tried charging the tablet using a usb charging wire plugged into a mains adapter and it seems to be working fine. Hopefully that does well in terms of charging it properly too (in comparison to the pc/laptop based usb charging). Also, thank you for the general effort you invest into the forum M.Beddow, I am finding quite a few posts from you here and there very helpful.

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 14:29:51 GMT
M. Beddow says:
Glad to be of some help. If by any chance you find that the usb charger doesn't seem to be charging on a par with the dedicated charger, it's worth trying a different charger or lead. Some USB chargers aren't wired in the way needed to "tell" a smart usb port like the one on these tabs that they are indeed drawing current from a proper charger, not a PC or suchlike. Without that "assurance" (actually conveyed by the way the pins intended for data transfer are tied to ground) the usb port limits its current drain so as to avoid exceeding the current rating of the PC usb port it assumes it's linked to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling
M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling by NATPC
4.1 out of 5 stars   (510)