there is a lot of moss in my garden. Is this suitable ?
asked by Martina Lea on 28 July 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I have both this aerator and another rolling thing called a scarifier: I find the scarifier best for getting rid of moss (after first treating the lawn with the combination feed and moss killer you buy for the lawn. The scarifier catches the moss whereas the aerator pierces the soil a Bit which allows air to get into the soil. It picks up a little bit of moss but I am not impressed with it to be honest. For aerating a garden fork would have been sufficient but a lot more effort though. I recommend a scarifier for moss - you should read a number of different articles on the internet to learn a little more about the differences been scarifier and the aerator you are asking about.
Jacqueline Tommasini answered on 28 July 2014
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You will need to clear the moss first if the moss is green and alive treat with moss killer and then scarify the l;awn to remove the dead moss, then this aerator will allow air to access the roots and you should get more grass and less moss. If you also feed the lawn after scarifing then all the better
Michael Hunt answered on 29 July 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Spiking will help a great deal and this spiking tool works pretty well. Improved aeration = stronger grass plants, improved drainage = less chance for moss to thrive. You'll need to remove existing moss build-up by treating with moss-killer then raking it out. Once that's done, use your spiker two or three times a year to help reduce further moss build-up.
Henry O'Brien answered on 29 July 2014
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes a load of moss
Andrew John Macivor answered on 28 July 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it is but you must use it when the ground is moist or damp, I've read other reports from owners who seemed to use on ground that was too hard
A Cattermole answered on 28 July 2014

A
Yes very much so it will knock it on the head but needs a lot of hard work though, I have really seen a big difference on our lawns looking 100% better for this tool so well worth the effort I was doing wrong at the start though I was trying to sink the pins right in and making it hard for myself but hubby just walks is over and it still works, sand on your lawn will also help get rid of your moss quicker good luck .Do it after a good shower of rain or get the garden hose on your lawn first to make it easier.
LIZBAR answered on 28 July 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product