is there a time limit on this latest norton 2010 internet security?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Sep 2010 10:16:00 BDT
Haveagojoe says:
Can anyone out there confirm if there is a time limit on this version, without having to review (pay for update) evry1 or 2 years. I have F-Secure at present which is fine, but have to renew every 2 years. Is the Norton an endless product or do you have to pay for updates ?
Hope to hear
Chris

Posted on 7 Sep 2010 19:40:59 BDT
K. Staples says:
Hi
Norton products have a 1 year subscription but if a newer version comes out like 2011 in a few week you can upgrade to it and use the remainder of your subscription. To do this click support and new version check.

http://updatecenter.norton.com/Manual/Index/?NUCLANG=en-US

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 19:48:03 BDT
Haveagojoe says:
Hi, Thanks for the information. That makes sense now, as all the data doew not give a period of 1 year. Thanks for your help

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 19:48:05 BDT
Haveagojoe says:
Hi, Thanks for the information. That makes sense now, as all the data doew not give a period of 1 year. Thanks for your help

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2010 13:17:31 BDT
I used the product Norton 360 Version 2.0 during 2009. My annual renewal date was 21 September 2010. Earlier this year I purchased a much-recommended product for a cheaper price - Norton Internet Security 2010 - and saved it for the renewal date this September. I have now downloaded it and hope it will run its course of one year before I have to replace it with NIS 2011 in September 2011. I suppose it's a case of 'buying time' but I would be most grateful if you could let me know if this is okay or whether I should renew earlier in order to enjoy full protection.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2010 13:33:09 BDT
Haveagojoe says:
Hi, That makes a lot of sense. My existing F Secure runs ot in a couple of months. I've just ended my 60 day trial on my new Netpad and have loaded my F Secure on it. The Norton looks fiine as a replacement, but want to get it at the cheap price. So Buy Now and Load Later seems a good option. As it's on CD, then naturally it shoul not be activated until the CD is put on the machine. So "Thumbs - Up" for the idea.
Cheers
Haveagojoe

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Sep 2010 13:33:16 BDT
Haveagojoe says:
Hi, That makes a lot of sense. My existing F Secure runs ot in a couple of months. I've just ended my 60 day trial on my new Netpad and have loaded my F Secure on it. The Norton looks fiine as a replacement, but want to get it at the cheap price. So Buy Now and Load Later seems a good option. As it's on CD, then naturally it shoul not be activated until the CD is put on the machine. So "Thumbs - Up" for the idea.
Cheers
Haveagojoe
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  7 Sep 2010
Latest post:  27 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)
Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD) by Norton from Symantec (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (347)