thegamecollection "not for supply in the Uk"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Feb 2012 14:23:57 GMT
So, having recently complained to a friend how expense Space Marine had become recently, I was pleasantly surprised to see it available for under 8 from 'thegamecollection' here on Amazon.

However, I'm a little troubled to see that on the back of my copy, which has just arrived, it quite clearly states 'Not for supply in the UK!' Though the flavour text is still in english on the back of the box, it is accompanied by a german translation, which is a little unusual. Though there appears to be nothing in the manual indicating that it should not be sold in the uk (though I guess there is some kind of distinction between 'sale' and 'supply') I'm a little wary about trying to register it on steam.

Can anyone, who is in the UK, tell me whether their copy also has "Not for supply in the UK" on the back and whether or not the have successfully managed to install and run the game on steam?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 17 May 2012 16:20:09 BDT
Same issue here. Is it legit, or could it not install or stop working at some point in the future? Should I just return it?

Posted on 17 May 2012 16:46:47 BDT
So I installed my copy and I had no problems with it! :) A bought a copy for a friend of mine as well and I've heard no complaints from them.

I'm not sure why it's there on the box but so far, it's not had any effect. So you'll be okay I think!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  1 Feb 2012
Latest post:  17 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (PC DVD)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (PC DVD) by THQ (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (67)