on 8 June 2014
I cam across this book when researching tactile defensiveness and so glad I bought it! It was so relevant to what my 6 year old daughter calls 'tickly'. We have been fighting with her tactile defensiveness issues for a couple of years and I can honestly say that this book has turned our lives around in helping us and her accept that her discomfort of clothes is real and is not her being difficult or fussy. This book provided us with a big leap forward in helping her to manage her problem and reading it to her gives her the reassurance that there are other children like her out there. I also lent to to friends and relatives where it has proved invaluable in giving them some insight into her issues.I would highly recommend this book to parents/relatives/ carers or anyone invoked with children with tactile defensiveness.
on 8 May 2014
I'm Munira Adenwalla, a paediatric Occupational Therapist at ot4kids in London. I was kindly provided a copy of this book to review. My favourite parts about this book are that there are blank pages next to each page for the child to make their own comments so that the book is about them. The real photos are also lovely. I will definitely be using in my sessions to help children understand their sensitivities, and find strategies to help themselves as the child does in the book. This would also be great to share with friends and family to better understand the child. Highly recommend.
on 1 November 2014
Amazing book thank you :-)