Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

sutable for a 13 yaer old boy???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Mar 2010 18:35:39 GMT
Big-Bang says:
hi, my son's thirteen and asking for this game, is the game sutable for a thirteen year old boy?

Posted on 13 Mar 2010 19:42:11 GMT
Glenak says:
The game clearly has "18" printed on it. Why would you want to buy it for your 13 year old son??

Posted on 13 Mar 2010 20:43:16 GMT
There is an option at the begining of the game to skip out the controversial Airport mission! Which basically is when you are a terrorist and you massacre innocent civvies! If you let your son play this mission, it will definately put him of terrorism! because it is horrid! There are also a few swears, but I am sure he already knows them! But if you really want him to love you even more this mothers day, get him this game because it is a great game and has a fantastic Multiplayer option!

Posted on 25 Mar 2010 13:53:26 GMT
James says:
As long as he knows the difference between reality and fantasy then he should be fine with the game. Its a very addictive game though, if anything make sure he takes breaks from playing it every hour or so.

Posted on 25 Mar 2010 16:51:28 GMT
Darth Newdar says:
NO! It's rated 18 - what more do you want? It's not suitable for a 13-year-old! Read What They Play's guide to it: http://www.whattheyplay.com/products/modern-warfare-2-for-playstation-3/

Posted on 25 Mar 2010 16:53:24 GMT
Darth Newdar says:
Oh, by the way, ignore the famous "all my friends have it" quote - it their parents want to expose their children to horrible graphics, swearing and so on, they can, but you should be protecting your son from this kind of thing.

Posted on 25 Mar 2010 20:14:33 GMT
G. Bullen says:
Im 13 years old and i have this game. Its a brilliant game and one of the best first person shooters available. The campaign mode uses only one swear word which he would probably would though anyway. Theres one level in campaign which is were you are in a airport and you shoot everyone but there is an option to skip it, so if you dont like having your son as a terrorist you can just skip it. Multiplayer is very addictive so when im playing i have to have breaks and then i go back on. Just a thing to Darth Newder about the famous "all my friends have it", all my friends do have it and one of the best thing about this game is where you can set up a match just for friends. If you let him have 16 games then let him have this as its vertually the same as a 16. Brilliant game, i say let him have it!

Posted on 28 Mar 2010 17:26:07 BDT
C. CHAPLIN says:
oh my god ... it seems like mothers think there kids are going to turn into terroists if they play that airport level?......... its crazy!
you cant trust your kids very much, if you dont let them have it they will only go to there mates house an play it.
you lot dont know half of what they get up to at school, do you think if they see "alice in wonderland" they will start droping acid and smoking smack?......... you aint got a clue?

Posted on 28 Mar 2010 20:31:35 BDT
totally depends on you - if you dont mind your son interacting with people of all ages swearing and abusing each other then go ahead - dont get me wrong no worse than they experience on the school playground but there you go...

if you do go ahead make sure you lay down some ground rules, even look at muting strangers!

Posted on 16 Apr 2010 15:52:06 BDT
G. Bullen says:
has he got it

Posted on 2 May 2010 20:02:23 BDT
D. Warren says:
If i had a son i would probably get him it, but make sure i skip the airport level. You're just a terrorist and you walk in and gun down everyone. A huge massacre. the rest of the game is fine though.

Posted on 18 Jul 2010 12:41:57 BDT
what a lot of nonsense its a game ofcourse he should get it you shouldn't be even asking that he is 13 years of age im 16 and had gta since like the 1st one came out its a game hoo cares what age rating the daft parliment put on it

Posted on 9 Aug 2010 22:56:50 BDT
my brother is 9 and plays it
hes really good
its not as bad as everyone makes out its just a game
my brother is violent at all but plays a load of it
=]
my mum doesnt let him play for long
like 30mins
so 3 online games
just teach them whats reality and fantasy
right and wrong
but if you kid is violent
it will make them worse =p

Posted on 10 Aug 2010 01:23:44 BDT
So you're geting tips how to raise you kid from 16 yo... err... kids? Nice one...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2010 15:11:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Sep 2010 15:12:26 BDT
lol - the airport mission will not put him off terrorism it was really fun and why wouldn't it b this is fantasy not reality afterall :) and as 4 taking breaks - as if! of course this is suitable 4 your son unless hes 1 of those kids wrapped up in cotton wool by his parents go 4 it dont listen 2 haf these losers on here they obvuiously dont hav a clue wat kids r like in society now

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2010 17:50:06 BDT
Mr Fagan says:
Be quiet.

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 21:41:07 GMT
obviously there is a long debate that can be had here. to be honest despite the 18 rating this game it the most part is aimed at teenagers because it the kind of thing teenagers love. pretty much all teenagers have this game and as long as he is not someone who has ever been to a lunitic asylum and as long as you are sure he is a nice person and isn't for example a school bully im sure it will be fine.

just to say though i dont recommend this game though if your not keen on him playing online because the campaign mode is only about 3 -4 hours long so definately not worth the money. but to be honest all these types of games at the moment - battlefield bad co mpany and medal of honor included have very short capainsand then relitvely repetative and samey multiplayers so i would only recommend getting one of the type of fps, waste of money getting any more than one because the campaigns are so short and the multiplayers are pretty much the same - get him the one most of his friends have which is expect is this one.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2010 22:25:50 GMT
D Gilmore says:
yes ithink it is im 34 and i love this game

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2010 22:26:52 GMT
D Gilmore says:
he dont no wat he is missing lol

Posted on 11 Nov 2010 13:48:09 GMT
Dave C says:
I have a PS3 and sometimes I let my son play on it. No matter how much the government try and stop kids getting age restricted games, they will always find a way. If a kid plays GTA IV, do you really think it's going to make him demented and nick the keys to his parents car and go on a killing spree.
The government need to wake up and start living in the modern era. Modern Warfare has it's swear words but I don't doubt for a second that he doesn't know them already.
Get it for him but keep an eye on it. And make sure he doesn't play it constantly...everyone needs fresh air once in a while.

Posted on 11 Nov 2010 16:39:23 GMT
joe blogs says:
everyone has it in secondary school even people have it in primary its weird not having it!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2011 00:35:36 GMT
If you had the GTA games since the 1st one, you would have been 3 at the time. I'm a massive gamer, but by the look of it you need to put the controller down and do a bit more school work. That sentence hurt my head to read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  13 Mar 2010
Latest post:  4 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about