Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Apr 2008 14:49:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Apr 2008 14:51:28 BDT
Jose says:
Hi, this is for the customers that have already bought this set: Could you please inform us if this box set has English subtitles of any kind?

Thanks and best Regards

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2008 11:08:41 BDT
I have the same question! are they any french subtitles?????
please help
Thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008 04:33:53 GMT
D. Fagan says:
Hi dudes.
English subtitles only on each disc.

Posted on 3 Apr 2009 10:01:03 BDT
Lucjs says:
On each disc... except "Double Indemnity"!

Posted on 2 Apr 2010 08:32:47 BDT
Can someone tell me exactly how many films are on this set. Sounds interesting and quite varied. Definitely want Double Indemnity, The Killers, and Blue Dahlia. Poor Veronica Lake, killed herself with drink broke and alone at 48, she was so short, but she looked okay with the diminutive Alan Ladd. What was it about that actor, he was mesmerising. Similar end for him too.

Posted on 16 Jul 2010 04:13:34 BDT
Peter B says:
Alan Ladd grew up frail and hungry during the great depression and was nicknamed Tiny. As an adult he stood 5 foot 5 inches, and would wear shoes with lifts in them to make him appear taller. Another trick was that sometimes a director would have him stand on a box for a close up with his leading lady, so that he could be taller than her!
He was not a great actor, but he was somehow compelling to watch on the screen and had great charisma. He had a very distinctive voice and when he spoke he delivered his lines in a slow deliberate way. He once said "I may not be the greatest actor in the world, but I'm great on my pauses." He was terrific in noir films and also in westerns, including of course the greatest western ever made - Shane.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xaa7122c4)

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  25 Apr 2008
Latest post:  16 Jul 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Film Noir Collection [DVD]
Film Noir Collection [DVD] by Kirk Douglas (DVD - 2007)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (43)