stupid amazon delivery estimate

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2008 18:33:28 GMT
I finally managed to get one of the 179.99 amazon wii's earlier today, but when I checked the delivery estamate in my account it said 26th-27th of March! This was stupid so I cancelled my order.
Can anyone explain to me why amazon was trying to scam me?
Has it happend to anyone else?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2008 20:48:23 GMT
R. Moore says:
Yes it happened to me also last week. I have not and cannot cancel as it is allegedly in the process of being dispatched even though it still gives an estimate of between 26th and 31st March as delivery date and the 20th March as dispatch date.

They claim this: "After looking into your account and order, I found that due to
technical glitch from our end your order has been delayed in the
dispatch process." which was sent Friday, there is still no change and it has yet to be dispatched.

We shall see, I doubt I will use them again if this item does take over two months to arrive, as I consider it to be dishonest to list something as "in stock" if it clearly is not, I wait with baited breath.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2008 20:52:47 GMT
I brought a wii from argos the day after I cancelled my amazon order. Amazon is usually very good for delivering products but saying the wii's are in stock when their not is very missleading

Posted on 1 Nov 2009 21:20:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2009 21:22:27 GMT
I have for the second time in two months cancelled books from Amazon having been given a delivery estimate of three months on the first occasion, and today (Nov 1 2009) an incredible seven months: books allegedly in stock not estimated for delivery until May 2010! What is going on? I keep asking Amazon but get no response.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2011 10:09:30 GMT
I have now had this problem - ordered 27 February 2011. I made a large order including books, some pens, a radio. On the amazon.co.uk site it said at the time of ordering that 'items in stock' and will be delivered by '1 March' with Prime (which I am using). Yet the dates when I go back to the site and track my order show delivery dates well beyond 1 March e.g. '10-27 March' which is later than an event I need the items for. Meanwhile it says 'Dispatching Soon' and I can't cancel or amend the order.

So, are these items 'in stock'? Can someone please 'Expedite' as promised the delivery?

Thanks for your help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  21 Jan 2008
Latest post:  28 Feb 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (622)