Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Jun 2012 13:07:14 BDT
Chris Kane says:
once again the kindle edition is more expensive than the hardcopy...

Someone please explain how that works other than extreme greed.

Posted on 18 Jun 2012 21:08:13 BDT
E books are subject to VAT, whereas hardcopies are not. Hence the price difference sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2012 13:19:20 BDT
I don't think that you are quite right here. Whilst VAT is levied, ebooks should be still be much cheaper to produce and sell than the printed text version. What I have noticed is that, initially, pricing is set against that of the hard back and when a paper back version is printed then, with very few exceptions, the ebook price is lowered. But there is no economic justification for this - so I am inclined to go with the 'extreme greed' conclusion.

I have no adopted the policy of awarding an automatic one star to any ebook which is priced too high - as a way of registering a protest.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 22:58:20 BDT
E. Smart says:
I feel similar frustrations on this count. The lack of a competitive market currently in ebooks (books for kindle largely only available from Amazon) is making the situation worse since Publishers seem able to fix the prices of their books. Price fixing is NOT acceptable.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  17 Jun 2012
Latest post:  20 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about