Most helpful positive review
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Best £35 I ever spent!
on 26 November 2012
I've been thinning on top for the past seven years. And I grew bored of constantly shaving my head, and the "egg look" started to wear thin. So I wanted something that would reduce the shinyness of my bald spot, and for me Caboki does the trick! It's not for everyone, and only works if your thinning not proper bald. Also this is the first Hair-in-a-can product I have used. I have not tried Toppik yet, but as I am satisfied with Caboki, I would only try Toppik to compare the two.
That being said.... if you have very fine thinning hair on your bald patch it will work just fine! I've been using Caboki for a couple of months now and am very pleased with the results. Your hair has to be at least 2cm long for the product to work. If you apply it to a crew cut, it will look like someone has poured dust on your head and you will just look dirty.
Takes a bit of practice to get it down but the results are worth it. However this product isn't without flaws. So here are the negatives and how to get around them:
- If not spread evenly (light tapping), clumping can occur (from heavy tapping), where you get small balls of hair forming. These have to be picked out carefully.
- Can be rubbed off with effort, so don't touch your hair!!! Patting is ok. I have been out all night and came home nice and sweaty and my hair was fine, but no-one touched my hair.
- Does come off while you sleep, so watch out if you get lucky! Or walk with it so you can touch your hair up in an emergency.
- Comb lightly once applied, or you'll take too much out and then have to reapply it then it won't look right. If you get to this stage, best wash it out and start again. You'll make this mistake a few times and waste the product. So learn from this as it will cost you time and money!!!
- Once applied dont play with it too much or you'll spoil it, and less is definatly more. There's nothing wrong with thinning a bit on top, but it doesn't look natural if you cake it on!!!
How I use this product
I use hair putty in my normal hair to style and shape what I got, and caboki to fill in the areas where I don't got. Once done I use a bit of hair spray to hold it in place and Boom!!! I'm done baby!!!!
For me Caboki works fine, and people don't notice even up close! And my confidnce is sky high. Just dont touch my hair!!!! And yes I am vain...... again. ;-P