Customer Discussions > Ghost In The Shell [DVD] [1995] forum

sound sync. and kawai end theme?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Sep 2008 17:51:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Sep 2008 17:52:25 BDT
MLX says:
Both the Manga release of GITS on DVD when it first came out. It had a terribly annoying problem with the sound sync.

So I went out and got an other release. That one had perfect sound but they annoyingly swopped the brilliant Kenji Kawai end theme music to the movie with something created by U2 (minus Bono).

So the questions are
1) is the Sound sync on Manga release DVD of GITS amazon is currently selling (2008) okay?

2) Is the ending theme the original Kenji Kawai music?

Posted on 14 Apr 2010 00:20:51 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 14 Apr 2010 00:23:34 BDT]

Posted on 14 Apr 2010 00:21:39 BDT
P. Stark says:
I really don't know how this has happened but Manga in the UK and USA have different sound mixes.

I too purchased the poor quality G.I.T.S. DVD but I actually found the 2005 (REGION 1 USA/Canada) two-disc special edition to be the best quality DVD copy boasting remastered video as well as DD-EX & DTS-ES (6.1 - 7 channel) soundtracks for both English & Japanese in addition to DD2.0 mixes for Spanish, German Italian and French. Most importantly this has properly timed English subtitles.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-Special-Atsuko-Tanaka/dp/B0002RQ2T4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271198095&sr=1-4

Ghost in the Shell [DVD] [1995] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

If you must buy region 2 then the ghost in the shell 2.0 Redux double disc pack is your best bet.

I do own this (bought for 2.0 Redux as I don't have a Blu-Ray Player) and have no complaints with the sync on this one. This release actually features the trailer and making of as before and the DD5.0 English, 2.0 Japanese & now has the 2.0 mix used on the old VHS (English). All-in-all a great improvement on the previous version. Just don't trust the technical specs and info on the back of the cover as these are for the blu-ray NOT the DVD. Just another example of manga failing to provide all we require of them.

Be warned, G.I.T.S. 2.0 Redux doesn't feature a song lyrics/signs subtitle option so you'll have to turn the English subs on at the start of the movie to read the new introduction.

Ghost In The Shell 2.0 Redux [DVD]

As for your query regarding music, this remains unchanged and is as it always was on all previous releases. My guess is that you'll still despise it.

Still, you can't have everything!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  12 Sep 2008
Latest post:  14 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions