Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Feb 2009 14:50:23 GMT
i'm about to buy my FIRST digital slr. which one?pls. help.cheers

Posted on 24 Mar 2009 03:22:38 GMT
I would say "neither", go for something like the Nikon D40x or Sony A200. Then, later, *if* you feel you're ready to get more serious you can leap the D60/A350 and go for something like the Nikon D90.

However, if in these credit crunch times you're lucky to have the budget (don't forget extra lenses, batteries etc etc all add up) for what you've asked, there's little in it. If pressed, I would say the Nikon D60.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2009 17:26:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2009 17:27:49 BDT
Fishman says:
The A350 and Nikon D60 are completely different specifications!

You should be comparing the Nikon D60 to the Sony A200, which is MUCH cheaper and still has a better specification than the D60.

The most obvious differences between the A350 and D60 are that the A350 has liveview and a higher mpix count. Then the Sony Alpha's have in-body image stabilisation, bracketing, an auto-focus motor.....

Only a biased Nikon user would dismiss a Sony and simply say buy a Nikon D60!

Posted on 12 Jan 2010 17:46:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jan 2010 19:34:20 GMT
gadgetgirl says:
You've also to remember that this isn't a 'new kid on the block' thing with Sony. They bought the rights to the Minolta digital cameras so, these products are built on the Minolta provedence. All my cameras have been Minolta (not that I'm biased to Minolta, it's just that whenever I came to buy a new camera, Minolta came out tops at that particular time, in the research I did). The Sony A350 was a natural progression as I could still use all my orignal Minolta lenses. As for it being entry-level, well, take it with a pinch of salt you get a lot of bang for your buck with this, combined with the Carl Zeiss Sony lenses, I do a lot of pro work with this camera. Many folks have their preferred brand and many think by buying the best camera they'll take wonderful pictures . . . what works best for one, doesn't always suit all. There's a lot more to taking good pictures than having a good camera. Read the reviews and then go to a store and try the feel of the camera, etc you'll be surprised at the difference it will make.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  26 Feb 2009
Latest post:  12 Jan 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony DSLRA350K Camera (14.2 MP) inc 18-70mm lens (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony DSLRA350K Camera (14.2 MP) inc 18-70mm lens (discontinued by manufacturer) by Sony
4.8 out of 5 stars   (31)