Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Feb 2012 18:25:39 GMT
snepat says:
why do my home made chips turn out soft and not crispy

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 13:20:29 GMT
parahandy says:
You must dry the chips before putting into Actifry and they cook crisp.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2012 12:31:21 BDT
nick says:
Just been chatting with their customer support. They said they themselves were all experiencing the same thing .....soggy chips. Putting it down to the recent wet weather resulting in excess water??......sounds reasonable.

For techies ....... they said the Actifry draw 5.8amps..... measured ours at 5.5amp.......??

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 14:16:14 GMT
Fried Off says:
I discovered this blog by chance when searching to see if other users were having the same problems as I. From users comments it seems that it's it's the least of numerous faults with the ActiFry.
I purchased our machine in France specifically for making crisp fries.
I have not succeeded! For a start, the chips do not cook evenly. Even though they are thoroughly rinsed and dried, the chips appear to lock together in a block as they are pushed around and around in the pan. The chips on the bottom and top start to scorch, while the ones in the middle layer are not cooked thoroughly. Only the slightly burnt chips even approach being "crisp". The rest are dry, pale and slightly chewy. They resemble chips that have been cooked and then kept hot for 30 minutes. The ActiFry has been an expensive failure.
I've tried changing the variety of potato, cutting the wedges smaller, cooking smaller and then larger quantities,
even cooking longer than the recommended period of time - nothing works!
Do other users have some further suggestions we could try to obtain the "crisp" chips as promised from this machine?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  16 Feb 2012
Latest post:  12 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions