on 5 May 2014
I took ages to bite the bullet and buy this bin as I was so mean about spending money on a bin! Now I am delighted (how sad is that?). I use it opposite for how it's meant as we have more recyclables than rubbish. Liners came with it but I'll look for cheaper ones. As the bins are plastic they could just be washed whenever they're emptied and save on liners. It looks neat, I like the gentle self closing lid. The dog can't manage the pedal like she could on the old one. I expect it to last forever!
on 8 May 2014
Bought this one to replace my two other Simplehuman bins which I have had for many years. This product is as described, packaged well and delivered within estimated time. It doesn't leave finger marks, easy to clean, re-bag and so far, pedal operates very well. It does have a tendency to hit the wall if standing right against it, but I move the bin slightly away from the wall and its fine.
on 26 September 2014
Expensive, but functions as expected and looks good in our new kitchen.
on 7 August 2014
Excellent bin. Why didn't I think of it before. Worth the money.
on 16 June 2014
I was almost put off buying this by the idea of having to buy SimpleHuman bin liners, but was very pleased to find that supermarket value ones (ultra cheap that are very thin but do the job and use less plastic, so greener) work perfectly well.
on 11 June 2014
Excellent bin almost to posh to put the rubbish in.

I already have the non recycle version of this just for the burnable rubbish and decided we needed another one for the burnable rubbish & the recycling to place in another room.
on 16 August 2014
Could do with a bit more on the recycling side, and a bit less on the genuine trash side (I often wonder about reversing the two) but a lovely bin - has even converted my long-term "no bins please!" mother to using one!
on 16 March 2015
Not really value for money.

The plastic bit which holds the lid up has stopped working already.

The pedal doesn't seem like it will last the 10 year guarantee out either but only time will tell.
on 28 August 2014
Brilliant bin just what we needed
on 26 March 2014
As others have commented, it seems crazy to be getting excited about a bin, but this one is exactly what I was looking for and looks great in my newly decorated kitchen - very smart appearance and feels like a quality item.
Mine was damaged on delivery with a big dent in the side. Although I managed to push it out it still left a dent/crease at the back. The product comes well protected in its box at top and bottom - but why nothing at the sides?
Amazon customer services were just great in sorting this to my satisfaction and I am so glad I bought it from them - nothing but praise for them in the way it was handled quickly and positively.
Recycle bin is a little small for the amount that I have, so have taken to only using it for smaller items ( yoghurt pots, cans etc.) and retaining my existing re-cycle bin in the utility for larger milk bottles, boxes, etc. Waste bin is of a good, useful size. On reflection I may have been better getting one where both are the same size.
I have put mine under a worktop so this means the bin lid does not open fully. (check dimension on simply human website for height with lid open!) I was aware of this when I bought it so was not surprised and have just taped a jiffy bag under the worktop to stop the banging lid. It hasn't taking long to get used to pressing a little lighter on the pedal to open just enough. It still does soft closing OK.

See one answered question