simplehuman KT1151 Open Frame Dishrack
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The open frame design allows oversized items to hang over the sides so you can fit more in.
- Angled drying areas catch drips and channel water into the drain spout
- Drain spout swivels allowing you to guide excess water in to the sink.
- large utensil holder has bamboo topped knife block to store knives safely
- Made from durable long-lasting materials that won't rust or discolour
Cleverly designed to allow oversized items to hang over the sides making the most of your dishracks space, made from rustproof stainless steel and plastic so your dishrack will last a long time, the useful utensil holder and knife block keeps cutlery safe and the ingenious drainage spout channels excess water back into the sink.
Top Customer Reviews
So far it is performing as described, the spout channels the waste water into the sink and the rack contains the rest.
It accommodates all my large plates and bowls easily and handles the dreaded washing up, whilst being stylish if you have it out on display in the kitchen.
The only negative is that this is my second try at getting this dish rack, the first one had a broken support foot when it was unpacked. It had sheared completely away from the rack and was useless.
Amazon replaced it quickly, but I think this points to the plastic that it is moulded from being very brittle, it would not withstand being dropped.
This is clearly not a problem in daily use but may be an issue for delivery.
I suggest anyone purchasing this item checks it over very carefully,especially at any points of weakness ie. where the feet join, or where the metal cup hangers and racks are pushed into the plastic. It would be easy to miss these but in use any cracks would soon open and the rack become useless and it is not cheap!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- The plastic, metal & wood look amazing. Very modern & sleek with all the functionality.
- Because of the open concept of it, I find that my dishes dry quicker. I can also find several ways to fit dishes, I'm not confined to the walls of the dish rack like with many other designs.
- The drainage spout on the bottom swivels-- I don't have to use the dish rack ONE way.
- Wooden block to hold knives puts me at ease! I'm not worried about the sharp edges touching anything when drying.
*I love this product, I am so happy I spent the money on it. I don't have a lot of money to blow on household things, but it's worth the investment. It sits on my counter in plain view everyday & it doesn't take away from the look of my kitchen. There is nothing worse than a beautiful kitchen with a big ugly plastic dish rack sitting in the middle of it.
it is designed to catch the water and drain it to the sink. We though it might be a defective product so we returned it and replaced it with the same Open Frame Dishrack Stainless Steel. However, again....the water leaks from the same waterway section of the new dish rack. I spoke with customer support and they told me that they cannot fix the problem. If you do not want to go through the same hassle, I recommend to purchase another brand.
I wish It was able to hold more cups, would hold cups higher up so there is no contact on the lip (sometimes leaves a funny water mark) and I have friends that complain they can's stack as many larger items in it.