Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

What should rockstar have left in GTA4 ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jul 2008 16:08:26 BDT
Papa says:
It really would have been nice if we could still buy properties, buy houses, buy & run clubs, factories, yards etc...its a good feeling knowing that you're running around banging people up to get your business started. Making money and having something worth while to spend it all on would have been good.
Having special cars purchased stored in the safe house permanently (something like in vice city & the Limo in the vercetti mansion), picking up daily money from your businesses, bulking up at the gym (T.J really looked the part with muscles and tank top).
Carrying out more high paying jobs such as the bank heist, maybe next time we could rob bullion vans, jack gang deals and grab their money, raid betting shops for serious cash, buy apartments and have to go beat people up for rent, burn properties for insurance scams, kidnap people, stop terrorist attacks at the airport, get busted, go to court and thrown in jail, run the jail for a while then make it back out on the street, have permanent girlfriends, have family and friends, be able to call friends or gang members at anytime like in San Andreas, have proper garages where u can store cars, bikes, boats etc.
Maybe in the next GTA, the main character can start from the top, get taken down (eg, sent to jail, lose everything), come out of prison and work his way back to the top by all means necessary.
Bring back the flying missions, helicopters must stay, rich, middle class & poor clothes must stay, the hood (Ghetto), middle class and high class suburbs must stay, area enforcements must come back, drink drive should stay, the triad wars in GTA3 should come back, the modern cars should stay but cars should handle just a lil bit better, car showrooms should come back, bike showrooms should be included, clothes shops should stay.......what more can u all think of ????

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2008 18:33:00 BDT
I like your Triad wars idea. I had the same thought. Crazy feeling, driving through Chinatown in GTA3 to see the Triads shooting at the Diablos. A whole gangwar going on that you didnt instigate. As for my own ideas, I'd like to see more varied environments (countryside, desert, forests, Niagra Falls would be nice lol). I'd like to have that same sense of speed in a car that GTA4 REALLY lacked. I'd like to be able to enter/exit more buildings. I'd like to see returning characters from past games in at least a cameo role. I liked the personalities in Vice City (Ken Rosenberg, Avery, Kent Paul, Lance Vance) and I think that should return. I want this trend in realistic games to either end soon or stay in the niches of the market I dont wander into (beat-em-ups, sports games, etc). Above all else though, I'd like a return to San Andreas graphics to allow for other aspects to be improved on, eg. story length (I could've played San Andreas forever), better character models and sound quality, more variation in terms of cars and passers-by. I found one of the most annoying things in GTA4 was this 'revolutionary' mobile phone/friends system. It became a bore, much like the girlfriends in San Andreas. A cheap tack-on to add to the features list for the sake of it. Perhaps a decent online server and a co-op (full game) mode. That'd be great. Might have even made GTA4 bearable..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  9 Jul 2008
Latest post:  4 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (383)