We should accept the fact that there will be no more Harry Potter book!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Feb 2008 15:13:15 GMT
James Watts says:
I think we should all accept that there will never be any more Harry Potter books, and just get on with our lives.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 15:25:48 GMT
no.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 15:46:16 GMT
No...we must hold out hope that JK will come round and write us another book! Surely she must realize by now that we our holding out hope that she will write one eventually!!!!! Even if it is in 10 years time...

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 15:50:10 GMT
Dave Jeffery says:
There will be more ... one day. I think JK loves these characters too much to just leave them be.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 16:44:14 GMT
They'll be another! ..... but if there isn't we'll still be here in twenty years talking about the seven she has written!!!! lol

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 18:13:03 GMT
Claire Bo says:
It really does depress me that there will no longer be anymore Harry Potter books. I was watching OOTP last night and I felt myself reminising back to when I use to read Harry Potter on the train on my way to work and how the anticipation of what was going to happened next was all I liked travelling to work for.

Please JK give us another book. I long to be rid of this muggle filled world and escape to somewhere where magic can remove the tiresome chore of switching on the lights and papers where the pictures don't move. Please do it for the sake of my sanity.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 18:15:42 GMT
i read a news item that she said she was going to do another one, later, but not centered around the trio

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2008 21:36:31 GMT
I think you should go back to your peace making in the Middle East, Mr. Blair, & leave us with the cosy optimism that perhaps,... one day... she just might!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2008 12:36:29 GMT
James Watts says:
There will never ever be any more books about "the boy who lived" I think people should realise this and get on with there lives, IT'S JUST A BOOK, YOU DO KNOW THIS, RIGHT?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2008 13:16:21 GMT
bah, bug, and hum!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2008 15:02:11 GMT
marky77 says:
I agree. Sure it was a good series of books, but people really need to move on now that it's over. They're only books lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2008 17:39:30 GMT
Mark!!!!!!! I'll get you for that!!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2008 22:23:53 GMT
B. Pinney says:
WHAT!!! Can't people tell we are obsessed with Harry Potter! Please don't deny us of the hope of Harry Potter8! It's the only thing keeping me alive!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2008 22:25:32 GMT
there is soo going to be another book
*need something to talk about during physics*

hello B Pinney...You should come on snails, it's where the rest of us talk about random things

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2008 13:23:46 GMT
as good as Harry Potter is, what exactly would happen if JK was to write a new book about Harry? He has already defeated voldy in more than one occasion, lost neumorus friends and family, so where would it go.

An encyclopedia would be good though, just to fill in the missing 19 years.

and before you all hex me at the same time i have wand and lightsaber at the ready........

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2008 13:29:30 GMT
Evil-Lyn says:
lol, I agree, and Encyclopedia would be really good - more background on all the secondary characters too

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2008 13:33:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2008 14:18:39 GMT
valerie says:
no worries Jedi Lil!you do have a right to say how you feel !
maybe,just maybe she could bring in the next generation of children ...i noticed that they already strengths and weaknesses that could be exploited....and there are still things to be answered,the locked room in the ministry....the veil and the whispering behind it.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 09:37:44 GMT
yes that would be interesting but the main point is they are all called HARRY POTTER and the...........

how can they be Harry Potter books if Harry is not the main carachter?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 10:22:03 GMT
Evil-Lyn says:
Albus Potter and the . . .

maybe?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 10:26:54 GMT
valerie says:
harry potter and his descendants exploits?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 11:03:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Feb 2008 12:14:03 GMT
lol Valerie

(i think Evil Lyn that young James might be the one to follow....
either that or the famour exploits of Fred and George Weasley and their rise to fame.)

I don't know, the HP world created surronds Harry Potter, everything done influences him, i just don't think another one would work without creating an alternate or parellel universe.

I mean Star Wars novels works because it surronds a universe and events mostly wars in space be it Clone, Sith, Vong, Killiks etc not a person, time or place. Harry Potter centers around well Harry and without him in it (as a main carachter) would it be as good? enjoyable yes, but maybe not as good.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 13:35:51 GMT
How about a book for younger children ~~~ "Magical Journeys with Grandpa Harry"~~~ Tee Hee!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 14:55:16 GMT
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 15:37:51 GMT
i'm still not convinced

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2008 18:18:00 GMT
How about a book on the Marauders and the first rise of Voldypoo, before he met DLBF and became whipped of course.. : D
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  4 Feb 2008
Latest post:  18 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Illustrations by Mary GrandPre. Rowling (Hardcover - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,126)