Do you have to seen the other dr who season before watching this??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Nov 2011 11:32:13 GMT
I really wan't to watch this series, but do you have to see the other seasons to understand this series, or could you start watching it from season 5?

Posted on 30 Nov 2011 11:10:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2011 17:53:51 GMT
Keith_Joseph says:
I would definately buy the New Dr Who seasons 1 to 4 boxed set (Doctor Who: Series 1 - 4 Collection [DVD]) first, as it's so cheap [for 23 DVDs] and it's all you need to know as it assumes no prior knowledge of the previous 20 odd Dr Who seasons that came before it. The first four New Dr Who seasons have some fantastic storylines [e.g. Bad Wolf] and follow the adventures of the previous ninth and tenth Doctor incarnations. The first 4 seasons also introduce all the doctor's enemies [and friends], and so by season 5 it is assumed you know all about them already.

The next mini-season 'specials' DVD set (Doctor Who - Complete Specials (The Next Doctor/ Planet of the Dead/ Waters of Mars & Winter Specials) [DVD]) covering the year just before this Season 5 set is not such a good starting point. Hopefully you will be totally hooked after watching Dr Who seasons 1 to 4 and then move on to this specials set. It's really nice, if not essential, to know what happened to the tenth Doctor [The End of Time].

The 'Complete Series 5' listed here follows on directly from these two older DVD sets, and stars the current Dr Who [the eleventh Doctor].

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2011 03:14:52 GMT
lorna96 says:
I myself started with season 1 because I like Chris Eccleston. Next I bought The Christmas Specials to watch Tim Dalton. [Later I bought the seasons 1-4 box set because I became a fan of Doctor Who.] I was able to understand the stories then. So I think you can start watching season 5 without watching previous seasons.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  19 Nov 2011
Latest post:  10 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: Complete Fifth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Doctor Who: Complete Fifth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] by Peter Capaldi (DVD - 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (329)