1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Waterdeep Review - good fun!,
= Durability: = Fun: = Educational:
This review is from: Lords of Waterdeep: A Dungeons & Dragons Board Game (Toy)
A more comprehensive review at: [...]
- Quick gameplay even with 5 players. You never feel like the game is dragging, and there is potential for good strategy
- Beautiful artwork that really fits the theme
- High quality cards/pieces - you really feel that you've bought a quality item.
- Good replayability - whilst the mechanics are simple enough, there is good depth and potential strategy
- A wonderful storage box (strange as that may sound), which means no more lost pieces/jumble of parts.
- If you don't like tension from having your strategy disrupted, this game will be frustrating.
- Potential for grief if your opponents gang up on you using mandatory quests (the most aggressive intrigue card - easily dealt with by house rules)
- If you don't like the theme, it'd be terrible.
- The box artwork is appalling in comparison to the rest of the artwork
- Very good! Well worth it. My group of friends have enjoyed it so far.