5.0 out of 5 stars Spaceage ironing, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Hoover Ironspeed SRD4110 Ironing System with Multi-Steam Technology and Steam Brush Attachment (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is amazing. Where to start is difficult. What do we all expect from our iron well nothing fantastic we want our clothes to have that non creased look but not ironed within an inch of its life. So when this arrived at my home I truly didnt know what to expect or where to start.

I had washed a pair of cord jeans at xmas and to be honest they have sat at the bottom of my ironing baslet since washing as I hate ironing them doesnt mater what I do the creases stay right where they are and they dont look ironed they just look a mess. So you can see where I am going with this cant you. I read the instructions, does this thing cook I thought?

Filling up the water tank nice and easy no fiddling with special lipped containers that poor water everywhere while you try and fill through a hole two milimeters wide. Nice large tank nice deep volume of water to make into stream and with large opening to fill, excellent.

Then I place the offending cords on the board. The iron when reservoir filled is quite heavy so I leave on kitchen surface rather than test my ironing boards lack of strength or age for that matter, nice long lead from iron to the base allow me to do this, well thought out again.

The iron as well as chugging out steam to order allows you a choice. whether you precisely spray, should you diffuse the steam or set it to profound thats your call. It took about one minute to iron a ultra dry pair of cords leaving them crease free no messing and puffing no panting and the pile was soft and refreshed not ironed flat and dull, amazing.

The ironing pile shrunk before my eyes as I zoomed, yes zoomed through a very large pile of ironing trying to find something that this little gem could not handle and there at the bottom of my basket hiding underneath a sheet was my daughters silk blouse, now to test the hand held steam attachment.

Hanging the blouse on a hanger removing brush head I pressed the button, the steam looking non to impressive laughed in my face as it made light work of this item. Thinking at the speed of light I then picked up the iron together with its base, how cool is that it has a handle the iron locks to the base with a clever little locking system I ran, well not so much ran but lurched one side being heavier than the other upstairs to try out attachment on a pair of freshly laundered curtains which had ironed badly the week or two before. Again the steam attachment made light work of these, and they are not thin light easy to iron they are heavy thick with full blackout lining.

There are five of us living here, this item has saved me not only time but money. I normally send my husbands work suit to the dry cleaners for clean and freshen up I used the steam attachment to do this and it did the job saving me twenty five pounds. It has cut my ironing time down to a minimum, It allows me to steam items as they come out of the wardrobe slightly creased without reironing the whole thing the list is endless.

Its amazing its wonderful and to be frank they have thought of everything it is really so well designed. It takes minutes to heat up, quicker than my ordinary iron so theres none of this its great but I can not be bothered to get it out, I leave it permanently on kitchen unit fully loaded and ready to use not just for a full ironing pile but just as easy to use for a hanky

I have read that it took five years to invent this piece of amazing household equipment, it was worth each day of that time for it will truly revolutionise the way you do your ironing and the time you save you can spend on yourself having a long soak in the bath.

No more bad back caused by hours spent ironing, no more leaving those things that just wont iron cos now they will.

This is a considered purchase but an excellent choice if you can afford it. It delivers its promises and more.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]