2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Generally good but let down in the volume department,
This review is from: Sony NWZE453B E Series 4GB Walkman MP3/Video with Clear Audio - Black (Electronics)
- Sound quality is expectedly great.
- No need for software. Other manufacturers I've come across (Creative, Samsung..) prefer you to install timewasting, over-complicated software on your PC in order to transfer files. Sony don't bother, which saves them money and also means you can just use the 'Sync' tab in Media Player. Dead easy.
- Battery life is seriously immense.
- Radio signal is good.
- Picture quality/album art is also pretty decent.
- As are videos, although on a 4gb machine you aren't really going to have a lot of space for that.
- The supplied headphones are, as ever, pretty poor.
- Couple this with the low volume output compared to earlier models and you've got a pretty big problem, to be honest. I use Sennheiser in-ear headphones and this seems to largely solve the problem although when jogging along busy roads the noise is still a little quieter than I'd like. It's really only about two-thirds the volume of the model I used to own. Unless you live on a deserted island, you're going to need better headphones, and even then the volume level may still put you off. This is my one serious complaint.
- This is really a minor gripe but the buttons on the front aren't really very distinct, so a couple of times when I've just stuck my hand in my pocket to idly attempt to skip a track, I end up just catching the options menu instead and wonder why I'm still hearing the same song. Thus meaning I need to get it out and fumble back through about three sub menus to get back to the now playing screen and change the track.