5.0 out of 5 stars Damning attack on PC, multiculturalism and the human rights industry, 11 Feb 2008
This review is from: Londonistan: How Britain Is Creating a Terror State Within (Paperback)
This book describes how a mixture of government policies by successive Tory and Labour governments created a large and fierce fifth column of radical Muslim inside the UK's borders. The book points the finger of blame at four things. Firstly, is the human rights industry, which under the excuse of protecting human rights has enabled even very reasonable security and deportation measures to be struck down as alleged "human rights violations". Secondly, is the doctrine of multiculturalism, which forbids a frank discussion of the compatibility of Islam and liberal democracy as well as certain cultural practises like honour killings. Thirdly, is the collapse in Western cultural confidence engineered by the far left PC "elites", which makes radical Muslims view the UK as weak, decadent and deserving of conquest. Finally, is the way Israel is being viewed as a sacrificial lamb to appease radical Islam.

Phillips also show cases the peculiar alliance between the far left and radical Islam, exemplified by Ken Livingstone and George Galloway. she says that this alliance has led to two things, a growth in anti-Semitism and a vicious anti-Israel climate in the media and academia. She writes a spirited and extremely frank defence of Israel, and dispels a few myths in the process.

The book does not have any obvious weaknesses. Some readers may disagree with here views on Israel, even if they agree about the threat poses by radical Islam and the problems associated with multiculturalism. All in all, the book is a must read for anyone concerned about radical Islam and curious as to why our political elites fail to deal with it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jun 2009 00:16:58 BDT
S Wood says:
Phillips suffers from an hysterical monomania which main symptons are intolerance, lack of proportion, narrowness of vision and a unshakeable support for Israel regardless of what it gets up to.

With regard to human rights what would you like to see happen M.McManus? And what exactly is the human rights industry?

Are you suggesting the honor killings are tolerated by supporters of multiculturism? The practice is a horrendous and should be dealt with firmly by the police and judicial authorities, it is thankfully a marginal phenomena, but the tabloid reportage of it is typical hysterical, sensationalist reporting.

What exactly is this liberal democracy? And how does it fit in with the contempt you appear to have for human rights which one would have thought to be an element of any reasonable democracy? This concentration on Islam diverts our attention away from more pressing issues regarding the health and survival of democracy such as just how compatible it is with an economy dominated by large and often transnational corporations, the polarisation of wealth, the miserable state of our media and the marginalisation of the people of this country with regard to local and national politics (ie. the seperation of political parties from any meaningful mass participation).

Your third point, "the collapse in Western cultural confidence engineered by the far left PC 'elites'" has more than a faint whiff of paranoia and delusion. What exactly are you reffering to?

The point that "Israel is being viewed as a sacrificial lamb to appease radical Islam" is quite clearly Zionist self serving nonsense. Where in the press is there a "vicious anti-Israel climate"? There certainly, and quite reasonably, is criticism of Israel and on occasions anti-Zionists get the odd word in. And there is also the likes of Melanie Phillips ranting to millions from her pulpit in the Daily Mail, and from the examples I have read they appear to tend towards the more rabid end of pro-Israeli propaganda. The alleged growth of anti-semitism is propagated as self serving myth, it generally conflates anti-zionism with anti-semitism and devalues and marginalizes any real anti-semitism that does actually exist.

Its hysterical nonsense like this that is polarises the situation, and distorts the dimensions of radical Islam, distorts the political debate within the country and gives room for those such as the BNP to make their recent electoral gains.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2009 20:00:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jul 2012 14:07:53 BDT
I haven't read this book, but having long lived and worked in the Middle East, I understand exactly what it's message is because the same view is so widely held throughout the Muslim World. Some thirty years ago, on one of my first trips to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia; I saw a massive billboard advert which influenced how I have viewed life ever since. People who have never visited Saudi might find this strange, but written in English words six foot high was the slogan "Pierce The Great Satan In The Eye. Have A Child For Allah." accompanied by a cartoon picture of a very Jewish looking Uncle Sam, being hit in the eye with an arrow, just like King Harold at Hastings.

Not long out of school, and having been raised to believe that getting girls pregnant was ultimate sin; I didn't know what to make of this, but later raised the matter with our Palestinian interpreter Omar. He was a cheerful, easy going type; but what he told me shocked me to my core, and I've never looked at world events in the same way since.

In a conversation lasting some twenty minutes, Omar explained to me that when a society becomes gripped by the Devil/Satan, the effects are always the same; virtue and honour are abandoned, the people become selfish and lazy, blind to the wickedness around them; while the leaders become arrogant, greedy and corrupt, prepared to do any evil to gain the vice and luxuries they crave. The result of this demonic control is degeneracy, the men become weak, the women whores, while all bonds of decency are broken. The inevitable reward of this demonic/hedonistic lifestye is social, moral and individual decay; as greed leads to crime, moral failure shatters the family, and the birthrate plummets. When God/Allah sees the suffering of the people he sends them a prophet/messiah, to lead them back to the ways of truth and decency; but if this prophet is rejected, and the evil do'ers curse his name; their curses will rebound upon them and they will be swept from the face of the Earth; for the wages of sin are death!

I came home with a very different point of view, found and married a decent girl, and eventually had eleven children; whether for God or Europe I still don't know. But what Omar explained to me then has become ever clearer as the years have passed. I've seen Britain's best and brightest refuse to have children because of cost, responsibility, career etc.... while the meanest specimens breed simply to claim more welfare. I've seen crime rocket to levels unimaginable in my youth; 'gay marriage' legalized, abortion become a 'lifestyle choice'. I've seen British justice become a travesty; only recently literally hundreds of corrupt MP's have been publicly exposed, but not one has been prosecuted. It is this demonic lifestyle into which our people are now sunk which is destroying us, not the Muslims in our midst. Blessed by God/Allah for their piety and the decency which a pious lifestyle brings, they will merely replace us; when our systems wickedness has consumed both us, and the Devil's brew we now regard as culture.

The most amazing thing Omar also told me that day was the name of the prophet, rejected by the West he came to save; and I can assure you his name is still cursed to this day. But despite the words of the wicked; the wages of sin are still death, and the Western World is being swept away, just as he predicted. I'm almost sixty now and my children mostly have children of their own. I should dearly love to think that they, and the ever increasing numbers of my grandchildren, will see the 'Christian' West grown strong, virile and decent once again, but as I watch the TV News I know it won't happen; and I think you do to.....

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2013 14:24:07 GMT
Bredda says:
Something about your review seems 'ostrich-ish' and anti-Zionistic also. I think I'm going to buy this book. I need to hear her for myself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (109 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £0.01
Add to wishlist
Reviewer

M. McManus
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)